Bachelor of Law and Political Science
What is Law and Political Science?
The two disciplines of law and political science are intrinsically linked and directly impact every aspect of our daily lives. The role and power of the constitution and judiciary, human rights and international law, the impact of the EU and Irish law are best understood when both subjects are considered. This course provides the opportunity to learn about law and political science and better understand their relation to each other.
Law and Political Science: The course for you?
If your career or intellectual interests in politics and public service would be strengthened by a knowledge of the law or you are interested in pursuing a legal career and want your study of law to be informed by a wider political understanding, then Law and Political Science may be the course for you. During the four years of studies, students will also have the opportunity to study all of the core subjects required by the legal professional bodies.
Do you enjoy it…
- Learning about how government works?
- Gaining a deeper understanding of the international system?
- Problem-solving, critically analyzing, thinking, questioning and challenging issues?
Law and Political Science at Trinity
Both the Department of Political Science and Law School place great emphasis on innovative thinking and independent thought. We offer a wide-range of research-led modules in the final two years of the program thus affording you the opportunity to focus on your developing area of interest. Both the Political Science and Law areas are small in size, compared to other universities; however, this fosters a supportive and close relationship with the student body and a number of student societies and publications, notably the Law Society, Free Legal Advice Centers (FLAC), Trinity Law Review, the Eagle-Gazette, the Hist and the Phil.
Application Processing Time in Days: 60
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
If you are an international student studying at Trinity, you might be considering internship and graduate work in Ireland, in your home country, or elsewhere. This section provides information for Non EU students on working in Ireland during and after your studies. For information and resources to support an international job search, see our Devex resource which includes international job search advice and information.
Employers value candidates who have more to offer than a good degree with high grades. They look for students who are well rounded and who have experience outside the classroom. Search for and take advantage of opportunities to gain experience, develop your skill set, and gain a clearer picture of what you like and don't like in terms of career options.
For example, you can get involved in some of the many student clubs and societies in college, volunteer or get a part time job. Remember that voluntary work is as valuable as paid work on your CV or resume - it's a great way to demonstrate your skills to future employers. Have a look at the TCD Civic Engagement website and check out volunteering opportunities in Ireland and abroad.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- General Entry Requirements
- Class XII – ISC, CBSE
- 80-90% in six subjects at XII depending on course (or 5 at Grade XII and 1 at Grade X) Mathematics up to Grade X
- 3 subjects at Grade 5 (Higher Level)
- 3 subjects at Grade 4 (Standard Level),
- including English & Maths
- 32 to 40 points, depending on course
- 4 A2 or best 3 A2 plus one AS
- Pass in English & Maths
- *75% or above / HL Mathematics required
- at Class XII level for Computer Science,Engineering, Science and Mathematics courses
*Additional requirements may apply for some courses
- English Language Proficienc Test
- IELTS - 6.5 (No individual band below 6)
- TOEFL - 90 (Written score 21)
- PTE Score -63 (No section below 59)
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Code: TR582
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 EUR
Application Fee: 55 EUR
- Law (JH) at Trinity College Dublin
- B.A. Honours Political Science (JH) at Trinity College Dublin
- B.S.S. (Hons) Social Studies at Trinity College Dublin
- Bachelor of Law and German at Trinity College Dublin
- Bachelor of Law and French at Trinity College Dublin
- Bachelor of Law and Business at Trinity College Dublin