Combining up-to-the-minute theory with practical application, our MSc in Finance will prepare you for a great number of career options.
This masters programme has been devised in order to give you the opportunity to tailor your learnings to your career aspirations.
The second semester of our masters programme is flexible allowing you to select courses which either combine different areas of finance or which allow you to tailor your studies to suit your career ambitions in one of the three following areas:
- Corporate Finance
- Energy Finance and Markets
- Finance & Investment
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The practical, theoretical and numerical skills learnt through the programme, as well as the global perspective that will be gained through classroom learning and discussions, will leave you well qualified for a range of finance related professions.
We expect graduates to take up positions with companies like the Big 4, with investment and commercial banks; market and consumer research centres; fund management firms; energy utilities and consultancies, as well as with public sector departments responsible for the finance sector, energy and climate-change policy.
Potential roles are varied and include for example:
- equity analyst
- portfolio manager
- financial statement analyst
- product manager
- commodity/specialist fund manager
- business analyst
- strategy consultant
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
A UK 2:1 honours degree or its international equivalent.
Postgraduate entry requirements for students from India.
In order to qualify for entry to master’s study at the University of Edinburgh, you must have a good degree from a highly ranked university in India.
- Entry requirements will vary, depending on the intended programme of study. However, the minimum score you should have achieved is 60% or more in your Bachelor's study.
- We may also accept equivalent qualifications or work experience.
- Applicants who meet this minimum may be considered for entry and will be measured competitively against other applicants. For many of our programmes, competition is high and in the majority of cases, a very high First Class degree will be required. Certain programmes will also have specific requirements in terms of both the overall degree result and strengths in particular subjects which are seen as relevant to that degree.
Graduate entry to Medicine (MBChB)
Applicants with an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline will be considered for the 6 year programme.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- MA Accounting and Finance at The University of Edinburgh
- MBA at The University of Edinburgh
- Finance, Technology and Policy MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Sport Policy, Management and International Development MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Marketing and Business Analysis MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Marketing MSc at The University of Edinburgh