Bachelor of Human Services/Bachelor of Public Health
An understanding of how social, cultural, and economic factors can influence the health of individuals and communities is central to public health practice. Applying this knowledge in a human services role allows graduates to develop and deliver support programs that recognize a client’s individual circumstances and underlying barriers to improved health. You may work for government health and human services departments, non-government organizations, community and advocacy groups, and not-for-profit organizations.
Why choose this course?
You will select elective units from key areas of human services and public health practice, including youth services, domestic violence, community nutrition, or general studies in psychology.
This course also offers opportunities for practical placement in local, regional, or overseas locations. These experiences allow you to broaden your skills for employment in a range of local and global environments.
Kelvin Grove campus hosts the faculties of Creative Industries, Education, and Health as well as the QUT International College and the Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation.
Application Processing Time in Days: 40
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
- Case Manager
- Child Protection Officer
- Community Worker
- Director of Health Programs and Services
- Disability Services Worker
- Family Services Officer
- Government Officer
- Health Policy Officer
- Human Services Practitioner
- International Health Officer
- Public Health Officer
- Public Health Program Manager
- Youth Worker
- Students who graduate with a Bachelors's degree are eligible for a 2-year work visa.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Senior/Higher Secondary School Certificate/Pre-University certificate from QUT recognized state education boards with an overall average of 75% in best five academic subjects (2 languages and 3 academic subjects), excluding physical education.
- Indian School Certificate academic stream awarded by CISCE with an overall average of 60% in the best five academic subjects (two languages and three academic subjects), excluding physical education.
- All India Senior School Certificate academic stream awarded by CBSE with an overall average of 60% in the best five academic subjects (two languages and three academic subjects), excluding physical education.
There are requirements that you will need to meet as a student in this course. You will need to identify these requirements and ensure you allow sufficient time to meet them. Some of these requirements have associated costs.
Blue card: You must undergo a criminal history check for working with children and be issued with a suitability card (blue card) before commencing clinical placement/practicum in an organization where they may work with children or young people.
The processing of your application may take several months so you must submit your blue card application to HiQ as early as possible to ensure you have your card before you begin any unit that requires contact with children. There is no charge for student blue cards. Students who already have a blue card must register it with QUT.
- Course Code: 094204K
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Public Health at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Human Services at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Social Work at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Human Services/Bachelor of Business at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Justice at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Justice (Honours) at Queensland University of Technology