Bachelors of Agribusiness / Agricultural Science
Improve your employment prospects and broaden your skills and knowledge by combining your Bachelor of Agricultural Science with an Agribusiness program.
This four-year dual program will develop your business skills and deep scientific expertise to prepare you for a career in the agriculture sector in Australia and overseas. You'll study the scientific and managerial principles required to help commercial farmers sustainably increase their output of food and fibre with the least environmental and social impact.
Under the Agribusiness program, you'll learn about marketing, finance, people management and technology along the agrifood value chain, and study business courses in accounting, economics and market research.
For the Agricultural Science component of your program, you'll specialise in Agronomy, Animal Science or Horticulture, and graduate ready to enter the workforce in innovative management positions.
During your studies, you'll benefit from interacting with industry representatives, undertaking professional placements or internships and the Summer Research Scholarships program.
This Agribusiness program has been developed in close and ongoing collaboration with the international and Australian agricultural sector to prepare you for a career in global agriculture. You'll be taught by internationally ranked business experts, ensuring you receive the most relevant, up-to-date knowledge and practical experience.
- Enjoy exceptional learning experiences with highly awarded teachers, and access some of the best animal and veterinary facilities in the Southern Hemisphere as well as research greenhouses, nursery and more than 1000 hectares of farmlands.
- Join one of Australia's leading agribusiness programs and learn from internationally respected business experts.
- Enhance your studies with practical experiences including case studies, research projects and agribusiness site visits.
- Benefit from a program developed in close collaboration with the agricultural sector, both in Australia and internationally.
Tailor your studies to suit your goals. This program offers these options:
- Animal Science
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Gatton, UQ’s rural campus, is located in the Lockyer Valley, 87 kilometres west of Brisbane’s city centre, and halfway between Ipswich and Toowoomba. On this sprawling campus, which dates back to 1897, you’ll find world-class teaching and research facilities in agriculture, animals, veterinary science and the environment. It’s also a working farm, with more than 1000 hectares of dairy, pig, crop and grazing units, as well as post-harvest facilities and greenhouses. Gatton’s agricultural learning facilities sit against a backdrop of historical homesteads, sporting amenities, and community fruit and vegetable gardens.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Bachelor's
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All international applicants need to have successfully completed Queensland Year 12 (or an equivalent qualification) and meet the minimum entry score for this program.
Queensland Year 12 or equivalent English, Mathematics B; plus two of Agricultural Science, Biology, Chemistry, Earth and Environmental Science, Mathematics C or Physics, at least one of which must be Chemistry or Physics.
View the Prerequisites guide for more information about subject equivalents for interstate high schools, overseas high schools, university subjects and pathways and bridging programs.
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 0100493
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- BACHELORS OF Business Management / Design at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Business Management / Tourism, Hospitality and Event Management at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor Of Arts / Tourism, Hospitality and Event Management at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Commerce at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor Of Tourism, Hospitality and Event Management at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Economics / Science at The University of Queensland