Journalism and Media Studies MA
On this course you develop essential journalistic skills in a multimedia context. You explore key theoretical issues and debates about journalism and news production in relation to contemporary media, culture and society.
We focus on fast-changing developments in journalism and media studies. This MA combines both theory and practice. You will:
- learn to research and write for print and digital media, as well as subediting and print news design
- contextualise journalistic practice within a theoretical framework of journalism and media studies
- understand transitional processes in the news landscape at local, regional and global level
- understand current theories and debates surrounding the media and society.
We offer excellent technical facilities. These include a dedicated newsroom, the latest software, video and radio studios, and a suite of digital media laboratories.
Application Processing Time in Days: 25
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Bachelors degree with an overall mark of at least 55-70% depending on your university.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Music and Sonic Media MA at University of Sussex
- Journalism and Documentary Practice MA at University of Sussex
- International Journalism MA at University of Sussex
- Creative Documentary Practice MA at University of Sussex
- Creative and Critical Writing MA at University of Sussex
- Conflict, Security and Development MA at University of Sussex