This course is currently not offered by the university in upcoming intakes. We will notify you soon as it is resumed for online/ offline delivery
Bachelor of Spatial Design
Design experiences that evoke emotion, communicate ideas, address social issues and facilitate cultural expression through the innovative use of space, lighting, technology and form.
The work of spatial designers surrounds us – from corporate and domestic interiors, retail outlets, restaurants, entertainment venues and exhibitions, to virtual worlds and vast public spaces activated by interactive technology. You’ll be guided by award-winning academics, practising spatial designers and top researchers to learn how to conceptualise and design objects, spaces and experiences at a range of scales, working on projects across architecture, urban spaces, performance and events, virtual environments, museums and galleries. In our Spatial Design studios, you’ll develop technical interior and exterior spatial and structural knowledge, and learn how to combine that with a new approach to designing for people and places that engages immersive technologies and user experience. You’ll work on projects ranging from intimate private spaces to large public structures, and you’ll have the opportunity to learn from up-and-coming designers and established industry practitioners.
Clayton campus has around 26,000 students and is the largest of all eight campuses. It is located 20km south-east of Melbourne.
Application Processing Time in Days: 15
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Communication design: advertising art director, branding expert, digital animator, graphic designer, information designer, interaction designer, mobile app developer, motion graphics designer, product packaging designer, web/ UX designer.
Industrial design: automotive designer, furniture designer, lighting designer, product and packaging designer, public transport designer.
Spatial design: experience designer, museum and exhibition designer, residential and commercial interior designer, stage/set production designer, visual merchandiser.
Collaborative design: service designer, design strategist, researcher, interdisciplinary designer, social innovator, design entrepreneur, design researcher as well as many careers that haven’t yet been imagined.
- 2 year Post Study Work Visa Opportunity
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Before you apply to come to Monash on exchange or study abroad, you should check that you meet the following entry requirements. You must:
- have completed at least one full year at your home university
- have achieved a minimum GPA of 3.0 or 60 per cent or equivalent
- meet our English language requirements.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Global Studies and Bachelor of Information Technology at Monash University
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) and Bachelor of Biomedical Science at Monash University
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) and Master of Advanced Engineering at Monash University
- Bachelor of Information Technology and Bachelor of Science at Monash University
- Bachelor of Information Technology and Bachelor of Arts at Monash University
- Bachelor of Information Technology at Monash University