Master of Teaching (Primary Education)
Prepare for a rewarding career as a primary school teacher with the practical experience offered through a Master of Teaching (Primary Education) at Victoria University.
Refine your craft as a teacher by engaging in informed classroom discussions and undertaking practical research. This course will prepare you to teach in all areas of the primary curriculum. It includes scope to pursue specialist studies in literacy, numeracy and science.
You will gain significant professional experience to prepare you for the real world of teaching. Through our extensive partnerships, you will undertake 60+ days of supervised teaching practice in a primary school.
Through engagement with the latest educational theory, practice and technology, you can be assured of an excellent grounding in teaching.
Footscray Nicholson Campus is a few minutes' walk from the Footscray train station. This relaxed and friendly campus has an emphasis on TAFE courses, run through VU Polytechnic. It's easy to find your way around – there is a brand new learning commons with a library and study spaces. We also have childcare facilities and a recreation centre.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Postgraduate study in education is increasingly important in the advancement of a professional education career. Our Master of Teaching (Primary Education) will prepare you for a rewarding career as a primary school teacher.
You will be eligible to apply for primary-school teacher positions after you graduate from the Master of Teaching (Primary Education), register with Victoria Institute of Teaching (VIT)(external link), and pass the National Literacy and Numeracy Test for Initial Teacher Education.
You'll also be able to pursue careers in a range of education-related industries and organisations, that could include:
- special-education teacher
- educational-publishing editor or writer
- museum or gallery educator
- school-holiday program or aftercare coordinator
- education-supply liaison officer.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Bachelor's degree Completed with a degree classification of Second Division (55%), academic requirements may vary depending on the institution at which the qualification was obtained.
- Applicants will also be asked to complete an assessment of their non-academic attributes.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT
- IELTS (or equivalent): Overall 7.0 with Listening 7.5, Reading 6.5, Writing 6.5, Speaking 7.5.
- Course Code: 083309C
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A