Bachelor of Arts in Russian Studies
Russian is a vibrant modern language with a rich and fascinating history. Today, more than 280 million people speak Russian in many different countries. Russia's vast mineral wealth and resources guarantee its place in the world economy. Its enormous geographical size spans the Eurasian landmass. Russia’s continued dominance on the world political stage necessitates our careful study of its history, culture, language and politics.
Learning Russian is a gateway to one of the world's largest nations. It is clear that knowing the language of a country always aids in securing better connections and relationships, whether in a private company or a government agency. Learning Russian can also facilitate work in many of the nations of the former Soviet Union because Russian is still often the language of business and public life. Although Russia's military dominance is not what it was at the height of the Cold War, it continues to have a presence in the global arena.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Knowledge of Russian is a natural companion to a business degree. Similarly, Russian continues to be a language of strategic national importance, one emphasized by the U.S. government.
12 to 36 months( OPT duration depends on the major studied)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Must have at least a 2.5 grade-point average on a 4.0 scale for general admission.
- Must meet English Proficiency or request conditional admission and admission to the Intensive English Program (IEP).
- Please be advised that some Engineering majors may reach capacity and therefore will be restricted from entry.
- For direct admission to some colleges and majors, SAT or ACT scores are required and must be sent to WVU directly from the respective testing services. Please review the program requirements. For all other majors, international students are encouraged but not required to submit SAT or ACT scores, if available. SAT/ACT scores are useful for determining scholarship eligibility.
- WVU welcomes applications from students with IGCSE and O-Level Certificates from Cambridge International for admissions consideration. We require a minimum of five subject passes, of which two must be English and Mathematics. The average of the grades must be at least a 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale). A passing grade in the subject of English will be accepted as evidence of sufficient English ability.
- Must have at least a 2.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale in all college work attempted.
- In addition, transfer students who have fewer than 24 transferable credit hours, must also meet freshman admission standards and submit secondary school/high school transcripts.
- Some individual programs and majors have different course requirements and higher grade point average requirements; .
- Grades and credits are transferable for college-level courses from regionally accredited U.S. institutions..
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 USD
Application Fee: 65 USD
- Bachelor of Arts in Spanish at West Virginia University
- Bachelor of Arts in Secondary Education: English at West Virginia University
- Bachelor of Arts in German Studies at West Virginia University
- Bachelor of Arts in French at West Virginia University
- Bachelor of Arts in Chinese Studies at West Virginia University
- Baachelor of Arts in English at West Virginia University