Master of Construction Management
Construct your ideal career
The increase of infrastructure and building projects is a significant driver of the economy—both in Australia and throughout the world.
There is growing demand to ensure these projects are delivered on time, within budget, and at a high level of quality, to satisfy stakeholders.
What will you do?
This degree is hosted by the School of Architecture and Built Environment but takes a holistic approach to construction management. You will:
- build advanced technology and management skills related to the field
- apply life cycle and system thinking approaches to the management of construction and civil projects
- draw on business and project management expertise from across the Faculty of the Professions
- complete a supervised research project.
Where could it take you?
You might oversee the development of a World Centre for Positive Wellbeing in Adelaide. You could prepare for the 2024 Olympics in Paris. Perhaps you’ll work on high-speed railways or help with the construction of an Australian hyperloop.
The campus provides a mix of the historical and contemporary, combining old sandstone buildings with state-of-the-art teaching, learning and research facilities.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
There are three key steps you will need to take when addressing the selection criteria in any University of Adelaide job application:
- Create a new document. Your statement addressing the position’s specified selection criteria should be separate from your cover letter and resume.
- List each criterion separately. Give each a title, using exactly the same wording as appears on the Position Description (e.g. Excellent verbal communication skills).
- Address each criterion. Under each heading, write two short paragraphs explaining how your experience, skills, education and training equip you to meet that specific requirement. Dot points are also acceptable.
Please note that failing to submit a statement addressing the selection criteria could result in your application not being considered.
Some helpful writing tips
There are a number of steps you can take when putting together your responses to increase their clarity and impact.
- Give details of one or two specific things you’ve done that are good examples of the relevant experience or knowledge required. For example: ‘I was responsible for organising an event attended by… This involved…'
- Preface these examples with a short overview that shows you appreciate the relevance of the specific criterion.
- Quantify your experience (number of years worked, staff supervised, etc.). For example: ‘I delivered a presentation to an industry forum with an audience of 80 people.’
- Where possible, indicate how successfully you meet the criterion. You could do this by referring to feedback from others, or things you've set up that are still being used. For example: ‘A report I wrote about… was endorsed by the… Committee and circulated to all stakeholders for discussion.
You could also consider using the STAR method as a structural framework when describing examples of your work. This involves describing, in the order listed here, the:
- situation you faced
- task required, and desired outcome
- action you took to complete the task
- results you achieved, and lessons you learned.
Graduates of the Master of Construction Management will appeal to a wide range of employers including contractors, developers, government agencies, project management consultants and engineering consultants.
The additional year of post study work rights is not available to international students studying in Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane.
Bachelor Degree or Masters by Coursework Degree - 2 years - 3 years (Adelaide)
Masters by Research - 3 years - 4 years (Adelaide)
PhD qualification - 4 years - 5 years (Adelaide)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Entry to postgraduate coursework programs as a minimum requires a Bachelors degree or equivalent qualification from an approved institution as a qualification for entry.
Some of the graduate certificates and graduate diplomas that are offered may be accepted as qualifying work for entry to a Masters program, or as professional qualifications in their own right.
IELTS Overall 6.5 Reading 6 Listening 6 Speaking 6 Writing 6
TOEFL Overall 79 Reading 20 Listening 20 Speaking 23 Writing 27
Bachelor degree or equivalent with a minimum GPA of 4.5 in one of the following allied fields:
Real Estate and Property
Other cognate landscape
architecture/engineering/technology disciplines assessed to be appropriate
OR a qualification deemed to be equivalent (in the opinion of the selection panel)
- Course Code: 096832K
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Master of Professional Accounting - Melbourne Campus at The University of Adelaide
- Master of Finance - Melbourne Campus at The University of Adelaide
- Master of Business Administration (Emerging Leaders) at The University of Adelaide
- Master of Applied Finance - Melbourne Campus at The University of Adelaide
- Master of Accounting and Finance - Melbourne Campus at The University of Adelaide
- Master of Accounting - Melbourne Campus at The University of Adelaide