Bachelor of Engineering Science Bachelor of Laws
This course combines the technical demands of engineering with the theoretical and analytical foundations involved in studying law, preparing students to develop fundamental legal expertise that is underpinned by technical knowledge.
The Bachelor of Engineering Science is an engineering technology program. Students work alongside professional engineers to gain skills in areas such as mathematical modelling, engineering economics and finance, C programming and electromechanical automation. Simultaneously, the Bachelor of Laws prepares students to meet the requirements for admission to practise law in NSW. As well as studying fundamental legal theory, students engage with topics such as commercial, contracts and civil law, all of which have relevance in the engineering field.
The Legal Futures and Technology major can also build additional technical expertise. Combined, these courses provide an in-depth overview of the key challenges, opportunities and liabilities of the engineering field, producing graduates with the ability to provide strategic legal advice in an industry setting.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Career options include professions as a lawyer in areas of environmental law, technology legislation and technology-specific criminal law; consultant, legal adviser or manager to engineering corporations in Australia and overseas.
- Bachelor degree (including honours): 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must have completed an Australian Year 12 qualification, Australian Qualifications Framework Diploma, or equivalent Australian or overseas qualification at the required level.
Minimum English Language Requirement
- Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0;
- TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21;
- AE5: Pass;
- PTE: 58-64;
- CAE: 176-184
- Course Code: 040713B
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 05 Year 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Cybersecurity at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) Bachelor of Business Diploma in Professional Engineering Practice at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Bachelor of Information Systems Bachelor of Business at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) Bachelor of Creative Intelligence and Innovation at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) Bachelor of Medical Science at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology Bachelor of Laws at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)