Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Science
The Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Science focuses on the benefits of exercise and a healthy lifestyle in the contexts of elite sport, recreational physical activity, community health and wellbeing.
Exercise Scientists play an important role in improving the health, fitness, well-being and performance of individuals, groups, and the community. They do this through coaching and training in sport and athletic performance; educating about exercise for health and well-being; and implementing behaviour modification strategies. ACU is well placed to prepare graduates as Exercise Scientists with well-established exercise science programs that are recognised internationally for research, learning and teaching.
Meeting the professional requirements for membership with the Exercise and Sports Science Australia, the Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Science provides graduates with a broad and coherent knowledge of the scientific bases of exercise and of key principles, concepts and theories related to exercise for health and sports performance. The degree is designed to produce graduates with skills such as physical activity leadership, advanced problem-solving, technical proficiency, the capacity to communicate for diverse populations and multicultural contexts, and an ability to be reflective and ethical in academic and professional practice, underpinned by justice, equity and respect for the individual. Opportunities for industry-relevant experience are embedded in the course through community engagement and practicum
The Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Science will teach you about
- exercise assessment and prescription
- sports performance analysis
- applying the scientific principles of fitness and health for a wide range of people, from the chronically ill to elite athletes.
Inherent requirements ensure the academic integrity of a course is maintained and preserves the university's learning, assessment, and accreditation processes. They must be met by all students.
There are essential components of a course or unit that demonstrate the capabilities, knowledge, and skills to achieve the core learning outcomes of the course or unit.
- compliance with the policies, procedures and regulations which are applicable to all students at ACU.
- the mandatory requirements associated with the course of study, eg attendance, completion of assignments.
115 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy Vic 3065 Locked Bag 4115, Fitzroy MDC Fitzroy Vic 3065
25A Barker Road, Strathfield NSW 2135 Locked Bag 2002, Strathfield NSW 2135
Brisbane Campus (McAuley) 1100 Nudgee Road Banyo, Qld 4014
25A Barker Rd, Strathfield NSW 2135, Australia
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Graduates can work as health and fitness consultants, exercise scientists, sports scientists, sports coaches, and exercise physiologists*.
Possible careers include:
- Government and non-government health, sport and recreation departments
- High performance sport organisations
- Sport institutes and academies
- Corporate fitness
- Exercise scientist
- Health and fitness consultant
- Strength and conditioning coach
- Rehabilitation Coach
- Performance analyst
- Fitness advisor
- Sports science manager
- Physical activity officer
- Allied health assistant.
- Exercise Physiologist*
*After completing a postgraduate qualification in exercise physiology
- 2 years PSW for Melbourne, and Brisbane
- 3 years PSW for Strathfield
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
CBSE All India Senior School Certificate (AISSC) with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
Indian School Certificate (ISC) with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects; Senior Secondary School Certificate from National Open Schooling with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
Higher Secondary Certificate from the State Boards listed below with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
• Andhra Pradesh
• Gujarat, Karnataka
• Tamil Nadu
• West Bengal
Local languages and non-academic subjects are excluded.
English Language Requirements
- IELTS minimum overall score of 6.5 (with a minimum score of 6.0 in all bands).
Applicants must also comply with the Admission to Coursework Programs Policy.
- Course Code: 069051G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Exercise Science / Bachelor of Applied Public Health at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Psychological Science / Bachelor of Arts at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Philosophy / Bachelor of Laws at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Nursing (Honours) (1 year) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science (Honours) (1 year) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Science / Bachelor of Nutrition Science at Australian Catholic University (ACU)