Economics and Politics BA (Hons)
Gain the tools to explore important issues, such as big business, government, and the regulation of monopolies. At Sussex, you will join a politically-engaged community, examining how economics operates within a political framework and learning from experts who directly influence global economic policy.
You'll learn about the principles and practical applications of economics, and explore the theme of power and where power lies in the UK and internationally. You'll develop your knowledge by studying topics like trade and risk, governance, and different politics and power structures across the world. To help you gain quantitative and research skills, you’ll study mathematics and statistics, and learn how to carry out research in political science. You'll also receive training in econometrics, to extend your knowledge of statistical techniques.
You choose from a range of options; such as environmental economics, education, labour, political corruption and inequality, immigration and foreign policy, political parties, populism and Euroscepticism. There is also the chance to broaden your experience further with an option to study abroad or apply for a professional placement year.
Application Processing Time in Days: 25
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- International Baccalaureate
(Typical offer - 32 - 34 points overall from the full IB Diploma)
- Course Type: Part Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Economics and International Relations BA (Hons) at University of Sussex
- Economics (with a professional placement year) BSc (Hons) at University of Sussex
- Economics (with a professional placement year) BA (Hons) at University of Sussex
- Economics BSc (Hons) at University of Sussex
- Economics BA (Hons) at University of Sussex
- Design and Business (with a foundation year) BSc (Hons) at University of Sussex