Bachelor of Fine Arts (Honours)
If you complete Part III of the Bachelor of Fine Arts with a B grade or higher, you are eligible to apply for entry into the Bachelor of Fine Arts (Honours) (BFA(Hons)) program for your fourth year of study. The BFA(Hons) allows you to support your preferred artistic practices with individual research at an advanced level.
The BFA(Hons) builds upon the practical and theoretical elements developed across Part I, Part II and Part III of the BFA. You will explore an area of interest expressed through your chosen media, honed through critical thinking, seminars, and critiques of your research and your output.
The City Campus is right in the heart of Auckland. You are within walking distance of all the main cultural, entertainment and commercial hubs.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
There are three common areas where Elam graduates find employment – public sector, private organisations, or as a practising artist or entrepreneurial creative. As the business world looks to innovators, the capabilities developed through a creative education are becoming highly sought-after.
Jobs related to this program
- Art curator
- Art director (TV/film)
- Art writer or critic
- Creative director in an agency
You can apply for a Post-study Work Visa for up to 3 years.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
You must have completed Parts I, II, and III of the Bachelor of Fine Arts at the University of Auckland before starting the BFA(Hons) or BA/BFA(Hons).
Further programme requirements
- You will require a GPA of 5.0 across all of your Stage III courses in Fine Arts.
You need to have one of the following:
- 12 years of schooling and an overall average of 75 percent in the All-India Senior School Certificate (AISSC), Indian School Certificate (ISC), Karnataka, Maharashtra, and West Bengal State Board Examinations with a minimum of 70 percent in English.
- 12 years of schooling and an overall average of 80 percent in all other Higher Secondary State Board Examinations with a minimum of 75 percent in English.
You need to have the following:
- Entry from secondary school qualifications is assessed on a case-by-case basis.
You need to have the following:
- Sri Lankan General Certificate of Education. You must have completed a minimum of three A-Level subjects, with at least a ‘C’ grade or higher. General Studies or similar general paper cannot be included.
GCE ‘A’ Level requirements apply to ‘A’ Level qualifications examined by bodies such as AQA, OCR, Edexcel, WJEC, CCEA, Pearson Education Limited, and CIE taken outside of New Zealand.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: 100 NZD
- Bachelor of Music (Honours) at University of Auckland
- Bachelor of Music at University of Auckland
- Bachelor of Global Studies at University of Auckland
- Bachelor of Dance Studies (Honours) at University of Auckland
- Bachelor of Dance Studies at University of Auckland
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) at University of Auckland