Master of Applied Science (Research)
This course offers numerous research opportunities in health sciences.
Areas of research expertise include: exercise physiology, health systems policy and management, public health, mother and child health, social work, human communication sciences, musculoskeletal research, nursing and midwifery, rehabilitation and injury prevention, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, orthoptics, podiatry, prosthetics and orthotics, dietetics and human nutrition and sex, health and society.
The course includes four online coursework subjects, which provide training in foundation research skills. These may be waived for students who have completed an Honours degree or equivalent.
La Trobe’s Melbourne Campus combines parkland beauty with a vibrant campus culture filled with cafés, shops and a multi-level library. It’s also one of Australia’s largest university campuses. You’ll have access to state-ofthe-art facilities, including our brand-new tech and business labs, the La Trobe Institute for Molecular Science and our very own Wildlife Sanctuary. You'll also have help to achieve your academic best. We provide dedicated study rooms like the Women's Lounge, the Law Common Room, and the MASO (Mature Age Student Organisation) Lounge. And we host many cultural and academic events on campus to make you feel at home.
Get the best of the city and the country at our Bendigo Campus. You’ll join more than 5 000 students at La Trobe’s secondbiggest campus, and you’ll be studying at the region’s largest provider of higher education. You can take your pick from more than 50 degrees, and with the CBD just nearby, it’s the perfect place to live and learn. It’s a great time to start, as we’ve just given the campus a A$50 million upgrade, so you’ll benefit from world-class learning facilities as you prepare for your future career.
Study by the Murray River and nearby snowfields at our Albury-Wodonga campus. With plenty of employment, cultural and sporting opportunities, it's a great place to live, study and thrive. You'll get a personalised learning experience with our friendly staff, plus access to great on-site facilities and La Trobe’s university-wide resources.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
La Trobe offers programs that are industry-focused and offer a lot of practical exposure. Following graduation, students can often struggle to find work relevant to their field of study - that’s why employers value students with pre-existing workplace experience. Students who can readily adapt their university learnings to the real world are far more valuable to employers than those who cannot.
The La Trobe Business School offers a variety of practical learning opportunities to help you develop a competitive edge in the job market. La Trobe focuses on Work Integrated Learning. Following graduation, students can often struggle to find work relevant to their field of study - that’s why employers value students with pre-existing workplace experience. Students who can readily adapt their university learnings to the real world are far more valuable to employers than those who cannot. The La Trobe Business School offers a variety of practical learning opportunities to help you develop a competitive edge in the job market.
The duration of the internship will vary depending on the chosen course and subject. During this time a student will be expected to complete assessments based on experience. Please note that eligibility criteria do apply.
If you are an undergraduate student, you can choose from the following subjects:
- Accounting Work Placement (ACC3AWP)
- Experiential Learning Project (BUS3ELP)
- Food and Beverage Supervision (THS1FBS)
- Sports Practicum (MGT3SPR)
If you are a postgraduate student, you can choose from the following subjects:
- Business Analytics Project (BUS5PR2)
- Business Work Placement (BUS5WIL)
- Experiential Learning Project (BUA5ELP)
- As an international student, a student can work for 40 hrs in a fortnight and full time during breaks and is entitled to 2 years post-study work permit. This implies to students studying any course which is 2 years and above.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Degree entry: Australian bachelor degree (or international equivalent) with a minimum of a C (60%) grade point average (GPA) in the final year PLUS three years of relevant managerial experience
- Professional entry: Applicants do not require an undergraduate degree but must have a minimum of 8 years' relevant managerial experience 6.0.
- Professional entry (no undergrad degree): International applicants must have a minimum IELTS (Academic) score of 6.5 with no individual band score less than 6.0. Please note that international students studying online are not eligible for an Australian student visa.
- Course Code: 074418F
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Master of Psychological Science (Research) at La Trobe University
- Master of Strength and Conditioning at La Trobe University
- Master of Nursing at La Trobe University
- Master of Dietetics at La Trobe University
- Master of Counselling, Rehabilitation and Mental Health at La Trobe University
- Master of Public Health at La Trobe University