Graduate Certificate in Heritage Materials Conservation - ARC102
Whether your professional background is in science, environmental management, architecture, engineering, building and construction, or the humanities, this course will give you the skills in understanding, conserving, reconstructing and restoring heritage materials.
In this course you will explore how these materials are made, how they respond to their changing environments, how people value them, and how conservation professionals ensure they survive into the future.
Through practical field-based workshops and behind-the-scenes tours of heritage sites and collections, you will learn to investigate the condition and significance of heritage items, develop conservation and management plans for them, and carry out laboratory and on-site treatment techniques to preserve and restore them.
All units contain Indigenous cultural content as a key underpinning to theory, practice, history and contemporary social, economic and cultural issues in the cultural heritage sector.
The flexibility to develop your personal vision, interests and focus as a professional is intrinsic to the course, and progression to the Graduate Diploma in Creative and Cultural Futures and Master of Arts in Creative and Cultural Futures is available by enrolling in additional units.
The University of Canberra is located in the suburb of Bruce in the Australian Capital Territory. Surrounded by Lake Ginnindera, the new suburb of Lawson, Radford college and residential housing, regular public buses can drop you right on campus. Open space, natural calm, tall trees and wildlife. Close to the city. Convenient to shopping. Great food, cool cafes, events and markets; a buzzing social hub with something for everyone. Student accommodation, an on-campus medical and counselling centre, the Australian Institute of Sport, Calvary Public Hospital, Belconnen Shopping Mall and a variety of restaurants are all within walking distance.
Application Processing Time in Days: 14
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
- head of heritage
- heritage consultant
- gallery manager
- indigenous heritage officer
- collections manager
- heritage manager
- engineering heritage consultant
- historic buildings conservation officer
- culture and heritage officer
- heritage site manager
- heritage and cultural policy adviser
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
?Students must have a bachelor degree in any field as approved by the University.
For More Information Please Connect to Our PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 096390J
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Graduate Diploma in Communication - 351JA at University of Canberra
- Graduate Certificate in Academic Foundations - EDC201 at University of Canberra
- Graduate Diploma in Design Strategies - ARG001 at University of Canberra
- Graduate Diploma in Creative and Cultural Futures - ARG101 at University of Canberra
- Graduate Certificate in Sports Analytics - 363JA at University of Canberra
- Graduate Certificate in Social Media and Public Engagement - 271JA at University of Canberra