Diploma in Paralegal Studies
The Diploma in Paralegal Studies course provides students with the opportunity to complete a course dedicated to preparatory skills and studies in law, regardless of their educational background.
This course will be attractive to students who would like to graduate with a degree by completing 8 units. This course also offers students who wish to continue their studies in law the opportunity to transfer to the Bachelor of Legal Studies or to take advantage of the pathway to a law degree (provided they satisfy the GPA requirement). It will also attract those with a general interest in law and those who wish to study particular areas of law in order to be able to work, for example, as a paralegal or legal secretary.
Living in Armidale you will experience the best of both city and rural living. Enjoy a healthy and active lifestyle with access to shopping, gourmet food, top sporting facilities and cultural delights all for a fraction of the price you'd expect to pay in a major city. You can live in the heart of Armidale or experience the tranquility of New England on a rural property.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
This course will enhance career opportunities for those who want to work in, what might be described as, an ever-changing legal services market. Almost every industry across the private and public sector depends on professionals with an excellent understanding of the law and skills in legal reasoning. In particular, this course will provide graduates with legal knowledge to equip them to be paralegals working for in-house lawyers (the fastest growing sector in law at present), not just legal practices or law firms, or to pursue a range of careers in areas such as banking and finance, communications and public relations, corporate governance, court administration, information technology publishing, justice departments, politics, and public policy-making.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
For direct admission into undergraduate courses offered by UNE, you must have completed an educational qualification considered to be at least equivalent to completion of Year 12 in Australia.
- Applicants holding relevant Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) Year 12 examination results
- Applicants holding relevant Indian State Board of Education Board Year 12 examination results, other than PSEB and HSEB
- Applicants holding relevant Punjab State Education Board (PSEB) and Haryana State Education Board (HSEB) Year 12 Examination
- Applications holding relevant National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) year 12 examination results
- Applicants holding a relevant Indian post-Year 10, Year 12 equivalent 3-Year VET level Diploma results in a relevant stream
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 60% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant stream, including English if necessary (but not a local language), with an overall First Division (60%+).
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 65% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant start, including English if necessary (but not a local language), with an overall First Division (60%+)
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 70% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant stream, including English if necessary (but not local language), with an overall First Division (60%+)
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 70% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant stream, including English if necessary (but not a local language), with an overall First Division (60%+),
- Must have achieved an overall minimum average of 60% or First Division results
- Course Code: 099083G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Under Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A