Postgraduate Diploma in Business Finance and Business Analytics
The Graduate Diploma in Finance and Business Analytics will be taught over one academic year and aims to enable participants to:
- Develop quantitative, analytical and ICT skills to carry out data and financial analysis tasks.
- Communicate and interpret the output of their analysis.
- Exhibit curiosity, in a critical manner, in evaluating analysis undertaken by themselves or others.
- Develop their careers within their current employment or as an initial stepping stone to a career as a financial analyst/data analyst.
The course offers students the opportunity to develop their understanding of the theories underpinning core phenomena in business analysis while allowing students to work with ‘live’ data, facilitated through the availability of the newly developed Finance Lab.
Human Capital Initiative Funding
The course is highly subsidised for the participant's through the Government's Human Capital Initiative (HCI) Pillar 1 programme which means that employed candidates pay just €575 in fees for the course while unemployed and 'returners' will have the full cost of the course covered.
Therefore HCI Pillar 1 eligibility is similar to eligibility for Springboard but with some differences such as there is no 1-year ‘cooling-off period’ for recent graduates of a full-time level 8 degree programme before they can apply for a funded place as there is with Springboard.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
WIT’s award-winning Careers Development Centre is the main point of contact for:
- Students and graduates, helping you explore your options, develop your employability skills and make successful job applications
- Academic Staff, supporting you to equip your students with the skills they need to enhance their employability and succeed in their future careers
- Employers interested in securing the recruitment of well educated, career orientated, informed graduates
The Careers Development Centre supports the Institute in providing opportunities for students and graduates to develop the skills and attributes required to manage their careers throughout their working lives.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
The current minimum entry requirements for students to be accepted on the Graduate Diploma in Finance and Business Analytics are as follows:
- Applicants must hold at least a Level 8 qualification in business/finance/economics/IT.
- Students holding a non-business/IT honours degree of the type listed above are eligible to apply. However, this does not guarantee entry to the programme, applicants may be considered for interview/advising and short listing. Candidates that can display strong numeracy skills will be considered more favourably.
- Students without a Level 8 qualification may qualify under RPL as per WIT academic guidelines on RPL.
- Applicants whose first language is not English must meet the WIT requirements for postgraduates in IELTS or equivalent. This programme resides in the School of Business (this is important when determining the appropriate English language competency criteria to apply).
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 7650 EUR
Application Fee: 50 EUR
- Higher Diploma in Science Business Systems Analysis at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Certificate Management for Healthcare Professionals at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Certificate Economics & Finance at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Postgraduate Diploma in Science Digital Marketing Practice at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Higher Diploma in Business Management at Waterford Institute of Technology