MSc Accounting and Finance (Pathway 2)
Gain the specialist intellectual, analytical, communication and ethical capabilities for a successful global career in accounting and finance with our MSc Accounting and Finance
Why MSc Accounting and Finance at Birmingham?
- Our innovative teaching and learning approaches will prepare you to not only talk the talk, but also to walk the walk. This course will bring you face to face with complex business issues that both challenge and stimulate intellectual and analytical thinking. For example, on our Professional Ethics and Integrity module, you will work with professional actors in role-play scenarios to embrace dilemmas in complex situations where accounting and finance professionals are at the centre of decisions. We also use real, recent business cases to help you understand concepts, modules and theories and you can visit businesses where cases and exercises are directly applied. We also use authentic learning case videos developed by professional accounting bodies where possible
- Thanks to our strong industry links, you will have the chance to meet and interact with industry leaders, who will share their experiences and knowledge and answer your questions. Previously invited speakers have included Richard Spencer, Head of Sustainability at the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales; Thomas Martin, Bank director Halifax; and Marc Stone, CFO Energy Systems Catapult, to name a few. You are also able to attend a range of professional development events, with industry networking and making the most of your career post-graduation at their heart
Application Processing Time in Days: 15
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Careers in Business is a dedicated service for postgraduate Business School students. We’ll help you in all aspects of your career management, from planning your job-seeking strategies, applying for jobs, preparing for interviews and assessment centres and developing your essential employability skills. At the start of your programme you will receive an email from our team, giving details of how you can access Careers in Business Online. Please get in touch to find out how our Careers in Business team can support you.
- 2 Year PSW
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Entry requirements will be a minimum of 2.1 BEng (Hons) or equivalent from a recognised institution.
Applicants with professional qualifications and work experience would also be considered on a case-by-case basis, as well as applicants with BSc (Hons) degrees in Physical Sciences and Technology based subjects.
Either: A four-year Bachelors degree (first-class or very good upper second class)
Or: A three-year Bachelors degree (first class) from recognised institutions in India.
For MSc programmes, the Business School will consider holders of three-year degree programmes (first class or very good upper second class) from recognised institutions in India.
For entry to LLM programmes, Birmingham is happy to accept applications from 3 or 5 year LLB holders from India from prestigious institutions.
IELTS 7.0 with no less than 6.5 in any band is equivalent to:
- TOEFL: 95 overall with no less than 22 in any band
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): PTE Academic 76 with no less than 67 in all four skills
- Cambridge English (exams taken from 2015): Advanced or Proficiency – minimum overall score of 185, with no less than 176 in any component
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: 50 GBP
- MSc Financial Management at University of Birmingham
- MSc Supply Chain Management at University of Birmingham
- MBA International Business at University of Birmingham
- MSc Management at University of Birmingham
- MSc Marketing at University of Birmingham
- MSc Accounting and Finance (Pathway 3) at University of Birmingham