Doctor of Education: School Leadership
If you are ready to advance your teaching career, an online doctorate in education leadership at Saint Leo University will help you do just that. The College of Education & Social Services' online Doctorate in Education with concentration in School Leadership provides an advanced study program for those interested in furthering their education career, growing their knowledge base, and enhancing their professional practice.
Completing the online Doctorate in Education - EdD in School Leadership program provides students with the knowledge and skills needed to effectively engage educational stakeholders, promoting the success and achievement of students, schools, or other institutions. Graduates of Saint Leo’s EdD program are tomorrow’s leaders in school improvement. These leaders will critically analyze and solve problems while creating and sustaining key partnerships.
Our EdD program graduates can expect to have acquired and refined the skills necessary for becoming organizational leaders, particularly, in the K-12 school setting. We're excited and honored for the privilege of taking part in this critical area of professional development. For this purpose, we are now offering the EdD through our flexible and convenient online format (along with one, on-campus residency held in July).
The online Doctorate in Education program is 57hours with courses in fall, spring, and summer terms. Depending on each student's availability, our EdD School Leadership concentration can be completed in a three-year period.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Career Services assists students and alumni with all phases of career development, from career guidance and job search training to resume advice, interview skills, and professional networking. We support the mission of Saint Leo University by offering a practical and effective model for life and leadership in a challenging world.
Our department provides career coaching and job search resources to assist students and alumni with making informed career development decisions and building the career competencies needed for successful employment outcomes.
- Encouraging student and alumni development through personal career exploration, by providing networking opportunities, workshops, and career events.
- Creating collaborative employer partnerships to optimize career opportunities.
- Partnering with the academic community to facilitate the development of career skills.
- Offering contemporary technological resources to enhance the delivery of career services.
12 to 36 months (OPT duration depends on the major studied)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Graduate Admission Requirements
To apply for enrollment in one of Saint Leo University's traditional campus graduate programs:
- Official Transcript
Submit transcripts, mark sheets, diplomas or certificates from all post-secondary institutions attended, along with course descriptions and credit values.
Certified word-for-word translations of all non-English credentials must be provided.
Graduates or former students of Saint Leo University do not need to submit transcripts if they have been previously submitted and are on file.
Saint Leo University accepts 3- Year Bachelor’s Degree for Direct entry in our Master of Business Administration and MS Cybersecurity (STEM) program.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency
All international candidates for admission must prove English language proficiency by at least one of the following:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) - minimum score of 45 iBT
- International English Language Testing system (IELTS) - minimum score of 5.0
- Pearson Test of English Academics (PTE A) - minimum score of 35
- Successful completion of ELS Level 109
- For transfer students, two semesters with grades of B or higher in English composition courses at regionally accredited post-secondary institutions in the United States
- Successful completion of a NAFSA-recognized ESL program
- Duolingo English Test - minimum score of 75
- Students who meet these requirements are eligible for admission to Saint Leo University through the Bridge Program. Undergraduate students will be required to utilize elective credits for English courses and graduate students will be required to take the foundation component of their program. Student’s English Proficiency scores will determine placement into the Bridge program. See Bridge Program for more details.
Students may be exempt from the Bridge program if English proficiency scores meets or exceeds one of the following: TOEFL 79 iBT (Minimum 19 subscores), IELTS 6.5 (Minimum 6.0 bandscores), PTE A 53 (Minimum 52 bandscores), ELS Level 112, or Duolingo 105.
Saint Leo University reserves the right to require a student to take Bridge classes to increase English proficiency in a particular area, regardless of total test scores. Other English language examination results will also be considered, and experience studying in the English language, as documented through school transcripts, will be taken into consideration.
- Submit a current resume.
- Submit two professional recommendations completed on forms you can download here.
- Submit a Statement of Professional Goals of 500 words or more that outlines how your educational and career goals match Saint Leo University's program.
Photocopy of the biographical section of your current passport
- Proof of Financial Ability to Pay
Generally, international students must show evidence of ability to pay all direct and indirect costs of attendance. Indirect costs include expenses not covered by tuition, room/board and fee charges.
Submit your completed and signed Certificate of Finances form.
Send supporting financial documentation. All students are required to demonstrate the financial ability to pay for at least one year of academic and living expenses before being issued an immigration document by Saint Leo University. All supporting financial documents must be in English or accompanied by a notarized English translation showing available liquid funds. The financial documents cannot be older than six months at the time of submission to Saint Leo University in order to be considered valid. These financial documents include, but are not limited to, bank statements and letters, government or organization scholarships. These items can be sent electronically, through postal mail or faxed.
Once your documents have been received and reviewed, Saint Leo University will issue the Form I-20. This will be mailed to the mailing address listed on your Certificate of Finances form.
- Course Type: Online
- Course Level: Doctoral Degree/PhD
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 USD
Application Fee: 80 USD