Bachelor of Science Software Systems Development
What is the BSc in Software Systems Development course?
The BSc in Software Systems Development is a three year ordinary degree course. In this degree programme students will learn how to design, develop, and maintain software applications such as interactive web sites, mobile apps, database applications, and business intelligence tools.
On completion of the programme, students will have the skillset necessary to become competent software developers and business analysts; and students will have the necessary skills and knowledge to meet the needs of today’s software industry. The course will also equip the student with the other skills required to work in the software systems industry, including the ability to work as part of a development team, and the ability to work with the system user through all stages of system development.
The aim is to enable them to develop software with the most modern methods of software technology for all areas of application.
The course includes a flexible learning semester in year three. The flexible semester is a non-contact semester and consists of one of the following options:
- Industrial Placement (paid/unpaid)
- Active Service Learning (voluntary)
- Industry-accredited courses
- Placement in a designated Research environment
- Placement in a Commercial Innovation/Incubation unit
- Study Abroad
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
WIT’s award-winning Careers Development Centre is the main point of contact for:
- Students and graduates, helping you explore your options, develop your employability skills and make successful job applications
- Academic Staff, supporting you to equip your students with the skills they need to enhance their employability and succeed in their future careers
- Employers interested in securing the recruitment of well educated, career orientated, informed graduates
The Careers Development Centre supports the Institute in providing opportunities for students and graduates to develop the skills and attributes required to manage their careers throughout their working lives.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- You should be at least 17 years of age in January of the year of entry.
- You must have a Secondary/High School Diploma, with good grades in English and Mathematics and at least 4 other subjects, on average + 60%.
- Some courses have special entry requirements, which you should check under the course details.
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Code: WD151
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 7650 EUR
Application Fee: 50 EUR
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Creative Computing at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science Multimedia Applications Development at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Software Systems Development at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Computer Forensics and Security at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Applied Computing (Media Development) at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Applied Computing (Games Development) at Waterford Institute of Technology