Master of Teaching (Primary) / Graduate Certificate in Religious Education
This is the combination of the Master of Teaching (Primary) and the Graduate Certificate in Religious Education.
The Master of Teaching (Primary) is for graduates who want to become primary school teachers and have an appropriate undergraduate degree. It provides a pre-service education for beginning teachers.
The Graduate Certificate in Religious Education is designed to help students meet accreditation requirements to teach Religious Education in Catholic Schools in addition to their other teaching areas.
Graduates are eligible for employment in Catholic and other faith-based schools, government and non-government schools. This Master’s degree prepares primary school teachers who are reflective, independent and flexible thinkers who can apply their skills to improve curriculum offerings and advance their community’s education.
It provides students valuable professional experience through a range of school and community-based placements during the course.
115 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy Vic 3065 Locked Bag 4115, Fitzroy MDC Fitzroy Vic 3065
25A Barker Road, Strathfield NSW 2135 Locked Bag 2002, Strathfield NSW 2135
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The Master of Teaching (Primary)/Graduate Certificate in Religious Education is the combination of the Master of Teaching (Primary) and the Graduate Certificate in Religious Education, specifically designed to assist students to meet accreditation requirements to teach Religious Education in Catholic Schools in addition to their other teaching areas.
- 2 years PSW for Melbourne
- 3 years PSW for Strathfield
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
An applicant must also comply with the Admission to Coursework Programs Policy.
1.1 To be eligible for admission to the course, an applicant must have completed –
- Bachelor degree or equivalent that includes at least one year of equivalent full-time study relevant to one or more learning areas of the primary school curriculum; with a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) equivalent to an Australian Catholic University GPA of 4.0; and
- units within that degree that meet the subject content requirements as outlined by the national accreditation authority and the state/territory concerned.
1.2 For applicants who have successfully completed a Bachelor degree with a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) equivalent to an Australian Catholic University GPA of 4.0; but do not meet national subject content requirements or the state/territory requirements, conditional enrolment may, in special circumstances, be approved by the Course Coordinator provided additional study is undertaken.*
1.3 International applicants must also meet the English Language Testing System (IELTS) assessment, or an equivalent English language proficiency assessment, with no score less than 7.0 in reading and writing, and no score less that 8.0 in listening and speaking.
*In Queensland, for entry to Primary programs, the prior undergraduate degree must include at least 8 semester units of discipline studies relevant to at least 2 of the Primary learning areas (institutions should give preference to applicants with studies in Mathematics, English and Science).
Other prerequisites to undertaking this course
Requirements for working with children (Bluecard mandatory): All students enrolled must have the appropriate approvals before they may enter a classroom.
These are: Blue Card (Qld), Working with Vulnerable People (ACT) or Working with Children Check ( NSW and Vic).
International students must bring police check documentation from their own countries. Australian students who have lived in another country for 12 months or more must provide a police check from that country for that period.
- Course Code: 096830A
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Master of Teaching (Secondary) / Graduate Certificate in Religious Education at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Master of Teaching (Secondary) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Master of Teaching (Primary) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Master of Educational Leadership at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Master of Education at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Master of Social Work at Australian Catholic University (ACU)