Bachelor of Nursing
Pursue a stimulating and diverse career as a healthcare professional with a Bachelor of Nursing from Victoria University.
Studying nursing at VU will equip you with a broad set of skills to work as a general or mental health nurse. This course will open doors to a wide range of career opportunities in healthcare.
VU’s Bachelor of Nursing will ensure that you have sound scientific knowledge and skills, as well as hands-on experience. You'll participate in simulation learning using modern technology, practising your skills in a safe environment before you work with real patients. Your practical experience alongside expert clinicians and nurses will have you ready to register and work as a Division 1 Registered Nurse. You'll join a cohort of VU graduates known for their extensive practical experience.
If you have great communication skills, show initiative, and are patient and tactful when dealing with people from all backgrounds and cultures, nursing could be the career for you.
St Albans Campus
Our St Albans Campus is a hub for health and nutrition research. It also specialises in arts and science programs. Our nursing and biomedical science students complete a large part of their studies at the new teaching and research centre at Sunshine Hospital alongside medical professionals. The campus has a modern community feel and is set in gardens of native grasses and gum trees. It’s a relaxed, friendly place to study, with a children’s centre, a gym, and award-winning architecture.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Nursing is a diverse and flexible career choice. You’ll be equipped to work in metropolitan, regional and rural health agencies. The number of job openings for registered nurses is expected to be high in the next five years.
VU Bachelor of Nursing graduates are employed at a variety of organisations such as Royal Children’s Hospital, Royal Women’s Hospital and Royal Flying Doctor Service.
Nurses can work in areas such as:
- general practice
- acute care
- paediatric care
- aged care
- mental health
- residential care
- health education.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Completion of an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate (VCE or equivalent) including Units 3 and 4:
- a study score of at least 30 in English (EAL) or 25 in any other English (or equivalent).
- Units 1 and 2: satisfactory completion in two units (any study combination) of any Mathematics or Units 3 and 4: any Mathematics.
- Completion of an Australian Advanced Diploma or Diploma (or equivalent) in Nursing, Health Sciences or similar.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR ALL INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS ON NURSING AND MIDWIFERY BOARD OF AUSTRALIA (NMBA) ENGLISH LANGUAGE SKILLS REGISTRATION STANDARDS
Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they meet the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA) English language skills registration standard. Applicants can obtain further information about the Standard and sitting requirements for the English Language Tests at: http://www.nursingmidwiferyboard.gov.au/Registration-Standards/English-language-skills.aspx
As part of this standard, applicants must be able to demonstrate that they have evidence of completing:
• At least 5 years (full time equivalent) continuous education taught and assessed in English, in any of the recognized countries (Australia, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, United States of America, Canada, Republic of Ireland, United Kingdom).
• IELTS with a minimum IELTS (academic module) overall score of 7 and a minimum score of 7 in each of the four components (listening, reading, writing and speaking).
• OET with a minimum score of B in each of the four components (listening, reading, writing and speaking).
• PTE Academic with a minimum overall score of 65 and a minimum score of 65 in each of the four communicative skills (listening, reading, writing and speaking).
• TOEFL iBT with a minimum total score of 94 and the following minimum score in each section of the test: 24 for listening, 24 for reading, 27 for writing, and 23 for speaking.
Police check: Students must complete a National Police Records or Fit-2-Work check on admission to the course and on an annual basis.
Working with Children Check(Bluecard mandatory): Students must complete a Working with Children Check on admission to the course.
Specified DoH Immunisations with serology testing valid for completion of course. Flu vax to be completed yearly.
Health status: Students must be prepared to declare their fitness for practice on admission and prior to undertaking hospital/agency placements.
- Course Code: 080229E
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Sport Science (Human Movement) / Bachelor of Sport Management at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Sport Science (Human Movement) / Bachelor of Psychological Studies at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Sport Science at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Sport Management / Bachelor of Business at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Sport Management at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Science (Osteopathy) at Victoria University