At the Edinburgh College of Art (ECA) School of Art we provide a highly dynamic and supportive research environment for our large and diverse graduate community. Our research students benefit from ECA’s interdisciplinary research environment, which attracts postgraduate students and researchers across the fields of art, design, music, architecture, landscape architecture and history of art.
Research in this environment is further informed by collaborative exchanges with other areas in the University’s College of Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences, as well as the wider University (such as the School of Informatics in the College of Science & Engineering).
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
A UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent. We will also take any professional experience into account.
Minimum academic requirements
For entry to the Ph.D. program, applicants must meet the following minimum academic qualifications.
A postgraduate master's degree from an accredited institution in the UK or overseas showing evidence of above-average academic achievement. This includes:
a degree classification with a mark of 65% or more overall (University of Edinburgh level, or overseas equivalent)
normally a masters dissertation at the distinction level (University of Edinburgh level, or overseas equivalent) in accounting, finance, or related disciplines
Degrees in quantitative disciplines (e.g. economics or mathematics) or business studies will be considered if you can demonstrate a strong background in accounting and finance throughout your degree.
Applications may be accepted from those still currently studying for a master's degree; however, any offer will be conditional on the successful completion of the degree at the required standard.
Applicants with significant industry experience in the accounting sector, or with relevant professional qualifications will be given due consideration on a case-by-case basis. However, these applicants must also have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related discipline.
English language tests
We accept the following English language qualifications at the grades specified:
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System): total 7.0 (at least 6.0 in each module)
- TOEFL-iBT (including Special Home Edition): total 100 (at least 20 in each module). We do not accept TOEFL MyBest Score to meet our English language requirements.
- CAE and CPE: total 185 (at least 169 in each module)
- Trinity ISE: ISE III with a pass in all four components
Your English language qualification must be no more than three and a half years old from the start date of the programme you are applying to study, unless you are using IELTS, TOEFL or Trinity ISE, in which case it must be no more than two years old.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Doctoral Degree/PhD
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- World Christianity PhD at The University of Edinburgh
- Systematic Theology PhD at The University of Edinburgh
- South Asian Studies PhD at The University of Edinburgh
- Sociology PhD at The University of Edinburgh
- Socio-cultural Studies PhD at The University of Edinburgh
- Social Anthropology PhD at The University of Edinburgh