Classical Literature and English BA
Explore literature from the ancient world to contemporary Britain with this wide-ranging degree, which puts English literature into the context of its classical heritage.
Core modules will introduce you to key classical texts such as the Iliad and Aeneid, as well as poetry, prose and drama in English across literary periods. However, the diverse research interests at Leeds mean we can offer an impressive array of optional modules, so you can follow your interests in ancient literature alongside a full range of English topics.
You could study Herodotus and historical writing, Ovid or Greek tragedy, as well how Dante and contemporary authors have engaged with their classical forbears. Then you could explore African literature, language in the media or folklore and mythology.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Music, Multimedia and Electronics BSc at University of Leeds
- History and Philosophy of Science and Physics BSc at University of Leeds
- Geography and Geology BSc at University of Leeds
- Geography with Environmental Mathematics BSc at University of Leeds
- Sociology and International Relations BA at University of Leeds
- Social Policy and Sociology BA at University of Leeds