Bachelor of Theology
Are you interested in the meaning of life? Do you want to explore the big questions of life, the universe and everything in a critical and sustained way? In the Bachelor of Theology you explore the richness of the Christian tradition to address life's big questions. Theology is an integral part of the Catholic intellectual tradition, as faith seeks a critical understanding of its beliefs and values, and addresses the questions posed by the contemporary world. Drawing on the intellectual resources of Christianity you will explore time honoured human questions Is there a God? What can we know of God? What happens when we die? How can I live an authentic life? and bring them into conversation with cutting edge questions and concerns Is religion compatible with science? Why Christianity and not another religion? Does faith make me a better person? At ACU, theology shares with philosophy and related disciplines, a common vision and a collaborative concern for truth, justice, ethical values and the dignity of the human person.
Inherent requirements ensure the academic integrity of a course is maintained and preserves the university's learning, assessment, and accreditation processes. They must be met by all students.
There are essential components of a course or unit that demonstrate the capabilities, knowledge, and skills to achieve the core learning outcomes of the course or unit.
- compliance with the policies, procedures and regulations which are applicable to all students at ACU.
- the mandatory requirements associated with the course of study, eg attendance, completion of assignments.
1200 Mair Street, Ballarat Vic 3350 PO Box 650, Ballarat Vic 3350
115 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy Vic 3065 Locked Bag 4115, Fitzroy MDC Fitzroy Vic 3065
25A Barker Road, Strathfield NSW 2135 Locked Bag 2002, Strathfield NSW 2135
Brisbane Campus (McAuley) 1100 Nudgee Road Banyo, Qld 4014
Canberra Campus (Signadou) 223 Antill Street Watson, ACT 2602
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Graduates are prepared to succeed in a wide variety of professions such as chaplaincy, ministry, pastoral work and other church-related careers, teaching (with further study), youth and social work, research, journalism, or work with church-based and international development agencies.
- 2 years PSW for Melbourne and Brisbane
- 3 years PSW for Ballarat, Canberra & Strathfield
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
CBSE All India Senior School Certificate (AISSC) with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
Indian School Certificate (ISC) with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects; Senior Secondary School Certificate from National Open Schooling with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
Higher Secondary Certificate from the State Boards listed below with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
• Andhra Pradesh
• Gujarat, Karnataka
• Tamil Nadu
• West Bengal
Local languages and non-academic subjects are excluded.
English Language Requirements
- IELTS 6.0 (with a minimum of 6.0 in speaking and writing, and 5.5 in listening and reading).
- Course Code: 029061D
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) (1 year) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Theology (Honours) (1 year) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Theology / Bachelor of Philosophy at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Theology / Bachelor of Laws at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Laws at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Theology / Bachelor of Global Studies at Australian Catholic University (ACU)