BA (Hons) in Song Writing and Cabaret Performance
The University of Chichester Conservatoire has one of the largest and liveliest performance departments in the UK with a community of over 900 student performers. You will get to showcase public performances with professional production teams for regional tours, major art festivals and to create and premiere new commissions.
The course provides employers with talented graduates in an area where skilled practitioners are in demand and where young singer-songwriters, in particular, are welcomed.
Train to perform on cruise ships, in stage shows and hotels around the world by developing your practical skills in creative songwriting with an equally strong emphasis on preparing you for work in wider musical contexts. You will have access to auditioning for full-scale production work as well as being guaranteed to take part in fully staged cabaret floor shows. Working with industry professionals who have vast experience in songwriting and touring in pop, and headliners for some of the most prestigious cruise companies in the world, such as Holland America, Royal Caribbean, Cunard, Crystal, Radisson, Princess, NCL, Saga and Fred Olsen, you will develop the vital skills needed to be competitive in this rapidly expanding entertainment sector.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
We’re a friendly and professional team, dedicated to helping students and graduates to plan their futures, to learn about the world of work and meet employers.
There are many ways employers may get involved with the University and meet the talent of our students and graduates.
The Careers and Employability team can help with finding work or postgraduate study, developing connections and skills, going freelance or starting a business. We’ll assist with searching for jobs, choosing a career, completing and sharpening an application form or CV.
2 Years PSW is applicable after the course.(Bachelors & Masters only)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- International Foundation Year
- Higher Secondary School Certificate
- Standard VII from the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
- The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (CISCE)
- Metro State Boards (Delhi, Maharashtra, Chennai, Kolkata, and Karnataka)
- Minimum 60%.
For High School qualifications from alternative boards, an International Foundation Year will be required.
- Higher Secondary Education Board Examination
- A recognized international foundation year
- International Foundation Programme
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma
- A-Levels (including Sri Lankan General Certificate of Education (Advanced level) equivalent)
Typical Offer (individual offers may vary):
UCAS Tariff points: 104 – 112 (A levels or combination with AS / EPQ / BTEC/ Cambridge Technical)
A levels: BBC - BCC
BTEC/Cambridge Technical: DMM - MMM
Access to HE Diploma: Pass
International Baccalaureate: 28 points
IELTS 6.0 overall with no element lower than 5.5
- Course Code: WW5C
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- BSC (HONS) DIGITAL FILM TECHNOLOGIES at University of Chichester
- BA (HONS) SOCIOLOGY WITH INTEGRATED FOUNDATION YEAR at University of Chichester
- BA (HONS) SOCIOLOGY WITH CRIMINOLOGY WITH INTEGRATED FOUNDATION YEAR at University of Chichester
- BA (HONS) RELIGION, ETHICS AND SOCIETY at University of Chichester
- BA (HONS) PAINTING AND DRAWING at University of Chichester
- BA (HONS) MUSIC WITH MUSICAL THEATRE at University of Chichester