Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
Occupational therapists play an important role in the lives of individuals and communities enabling participation in occupations of self-care, productivity and leisure. To do this, occupational therapists need to know how humans function, and need the skills to practice competently and safely. You will learn how to analyze and assess occupational performance; apply and evaluate interventions to enable occupational performance; and collaborate and communicate effectively with clients and their families and colleagues.
You will undertake 1,000 hours of professional practice education, starting in the first year, working with people across the life-span to help them overcome physical, cognitive or societal barriers to participation.
This meets entry-level competency standards for the World Federation of Occupational Therapists (WFOT).
High achieving Bachelor of Occupational Therapy students can undertake honours in the third and fourth years, provided they meet admission requirements.
Meritorious students may apply to undertake Honours in the third and fourth years of the course, subject to meeting the admission requirements and achieving a grade point average of 5.5 on the ACU seven point scale.
115 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy Vic 3065 Locked Bag 4115, Fitzroy MDC Fitzroy Vic 3065
40 Edward Street, North Sydney NSW 2060 PO Box 968, North Sydney NSW 2059
Brisbane Campus (McAuley) 1100 Nudgee Road Banyo, Qld 4014
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Graduates will be eligible to work in hospitals, community health centres, rehabilitation centres or private practice, mental health centres, work and accident rehabilitation, schools or early intervention centres for children, nursing homes and aged care facilities, government policy units or in consultative services.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants require the equivalent of an Australian Year 12 Certificate, including studies in science.
English Language Requirement
- Applicants must also comply with the Admission to Coursework Programs Policy and require an academic IELTS minimum overall score of 7.0 (with a minimum score of 7.0 in all bands), or an equivalent acceptable test score as outlined in the Admission to Coursework Programs Policy (Schedule 3).
The Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours) program is embedded into years 3 and 4 of the Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Pass) program.
- To be eligible to apply for admission to the Honours program, a student must have completed 160 cp from years 1 and 2 of the Bachelor of Occupational Therapy pass degree, with a grade point average of at least 5.50.
- Course Code: 078172B
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Exercise Science / Bachelor of Applied Public Health at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Psychological Science / Bachelor of Arts at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Philosophy / Bachelor of Laws at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Nursing (Honours) (1 year) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science (Honours) (1 year) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Science / Bachelor of Nutrition Science at Australian Catholic University (ACU)