This course is currently not offered by the university in upcoming intakes. We will notify you soon as it is resumed for online/ offline delivery
Master of Music
Take the next step in your music studies with a program that will enhance your existing knowledge and skills, while teaching you how to improve your creative and intellectual focus.
UQ’s Master of Music incorporates contemporary theory and practice, intensive courses and overseas independent study opportunities. This 1.5 year full-time (or part-time equivalent) program provides you with a variety of pathways to graduation and professional leadership opportunities.
With a flexible study program customised to your individual career goals, you can diversify and extend your existing professional practice. Select courses according to your interests as you deepen and broaden your learning in areas such as performance, conducting and music theory, education, technology and composition.
You'll complete core courses in research methods, and a research thesis or a professional engagement project, according to your interests. You'll also select from a range of advanced elective courses, including practical studies of your instrument, choral and instrumental conducting, composition, advanced music theory and music technology.
And if you want to pursue further research studies, UQ also provides research-intensive pathways for Masters graduates.
- Undertake advanced study designed for music educators, administrators, community musicians, composers, performers and researchers.
- Complete core courses in research methods and a research thesis, or a professional engagement project.
- Benefit from intensive courses and overseas independent study opportunities.
- Take advantage of research-focused pathways to pursue a Higher Degree by Research.
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
- Feb Deadline: Nov
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Postgraduate study can take you anywhere. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Head of music
- Music therapist
- Vocal performer
- Instrumental performer
- Music school coordinator
- Music program director
- Music researcher
- Instrument teacher
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Postgraduate.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Course Code: 073762J
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Master of Urban Development and Design at The University of Queensland
- Master of Writing, Editing and Publishing at The University of Queensland
- Master of Urban and Regional Planning (MURP) at The University of Queensland
- Master of Music at The University of Queensland
- Master of Museum Studies at The University of Queensland
- Master of Audiology Studies (MAudSt) at The University of Queensland