Mechanical Engineering, MEng (Hons)
Mechanical engineers transform pioneering ideas into ground-breaking inventions. The discipline helps to invent, design and manufacture many of the machines we use on a daily basis.
Our Mechanical Engineering degree prepares you for a rewarding career in a range of engineering sectors.
As you progress, your developing analytical abilities will combine with hands-on experience of advanced equipment, establishing skills which are vital to securing employment in the wider industry.
Travelling west on the M4 leave the motorway at junction 42 and follow signs for Swansea on the A483 (Fabian Way). The Bay Campus is situated to the left-hand side of Fabian Way and the main entrance is controlled by traffic lights. There is a Visitors’ Car Park immediately to the left of the main entrance. There is a large Park and Ride facility located at Fabian Way, which is a short distance from the Bay Campus.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our career support services include:
- Employability workshops, employers’ talks, bespoke events and careers fairs
- Individual advice and guidance from professionally qualified Careers Advisers
- Help with finding jobs, internships, work placements and volunteering opportunities
- Access to information resources on a wide range of career management topics
- Advice and guidance on postgraduate study and funding
- Funding to support student internship opportunities and Student Society/Club events.
We also provide help and advice for Swansea University Alumni up to two years after you graduate.
- 2 Years PSW
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
The entry requirements of the MEng Mechanical Engineering course are:
AAB-ABB at A level (including Mathematics).
- Other recommended subjects include:
- Further Mathematics
- Design Technology
Variable offers made dependent on subjects studied and all applications are considered on an individual basis, with GCSE grades, AS Level subjects and grades, work experience, references and personal statement taken into account.
Or 34 overall with either 5 at HL (or 6 at SL) “Mathematics: analysis and approaches”, or 5 at HL (or 7 at SL) “Mathematics: applications and interpretation”
Students studying for BTEC qualifications require D*D*D* to include B at A Level Mathematics. Must be in relevant subject. If they are not taking A Level Mathematics, they must achieve a minimum D in ‘Mathematics for Technicians’ and D in ‘Further Mathematics for Technicians’ modules of the BTEC. Students are also required to have minimum two A grades at GCSE, to include a minimum grade B in Mathematics and two other Science subjects.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Medical Engineering with a Foundation Year, BEng (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Medical Engineering, BEng (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Medical Engineering, MEng (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Mechanical Engineering with a Foundation Year, BEng (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Mechanical Engineering, BEng (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Materials Science and Engineering with a Foundation Year, BEng (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY