Master of Education (Research)
The University of New England is committed to maintaining its strong research culture, underpinned by high research training standards. The Master of Education (Research) Rules provide the framework for one of the University's AQF Level 9 awards. They provide the rigorous processes that are essential for the maintenance of academic quality and integrity in the University's operations, and that reflect the University's values of providing a formative, respectful, inclusive, flexible, and innovative environment for the delivery of high-quality research training for its students.
Eligible Australian and New Zealand students who meet the criteria for entry to this course will not incur fees and will be funded under the Australian Government's Research Training Program (RTP) for the normal duration of the course. International Students incur tuition fees.
Living in Armidale you will experience the best of both city and rural living. Enjoy a healthy and active lifestyle with access to shopping, gourmet food, top sporting facilities and cultural delights all for a fraction of the price you'd expect to pay in a major city. You can live in the heart of Armidale or experience the tranquility of New England on a rural property.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Research pathway which may lead directly into Doctoral programs.
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an additional 2 years in Australia on a post-study work visa (Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 4 years of PSW visa)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Admission to candidature in the degree of Master of Education (Research) (MEd(Res)) may be approved by the Committee only when the Head of School has:
- (a) certified that the necessary facilities and appropriate support for the applicant undertaking the proposed Master of Education (Research) program are available; and
- (b) nominated an appropriate Principal Supervisor and Co-supervisor(s) in accordance with the Supervisors - Nomination, Appointment, and Responsibilities Rule.
The Committee may, on the recommendation of the relevant Head of School, admit to candidature into the course for the degree of Master of Education (Research) (MEd(Res)) an applicant who:
- (a) has an AQF Level 7 Bachelor of Education or equivalent, or
- (b) has an AQF Level 8 Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma in a relevant discipline and has adequate relevant preparation since graduation. Adequate relevant preparation may be gained by an approved academic course, professional training, during occupation or through peer-reviewed publications; or
- (c) hold an AQF Level 9 Master of Education; and
- (d) for all the above has attained a minimum grade point average of 5.0; or
- (e) satisfies the Higher Research Committee, upon the recommendation of the School by means of other qualifications and relevant experience of adequate preparation for candidature. For MEd(Res) (Special Education) it is expected that an applicant has at least two years of special education work experience post-graduation. In addition, an applicant will be required to have passed at least one unit in special education.
- Course Code: 008627M
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Master of Teaching (Secondary) at University of New England
- Master of Social Work (Professional Qualifying) at University of New England
- Master of Laws (Research) at University of New England
- Master of Laws at University of New England
- Master of Education at University of New England
- Master of Counselling at University of New England