English Language and Linguistics BA
Linguistics is the study of how language works – how it is structured, used and understood. This degree allows you to study linguistics in the context of the English language, so you can develop a deep understanding of the way humans communicate with each other.
Core modules will introduce you to the history, structure and use of the English language and give you a good grounding in areas such as phonetics, syntax and conducting language research. But you’ll also choose from a wide range of optional modules covering subjects such as language acquisition, psycholinguistics, sociolinguistics, corpus linguistics and discourse analysis.
You’ll study language in its spoken and written forms – you’ll engage with texts, but also undertake fieldwork and data analysis, gaining a wide range of skills that stand out to employers.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Spanish, Portuguese and Latin American Studies BA at University of Leeds
- Portuguese and Russian B BA at University of Leeds
- Portuguese and Russian A BA at University of Leeds
- Linguistics and Philosophy BA at University of Leeds
- Languages, Cultures and Politics BA at University of Leeds
- Languages, Cultures and Philosophy BA at University of Leeds