Higher Diploma in Arts TV & Media Production
The award-winning Higher Diploma in Arts in Television and Media Production, developed by WIT and Nemeton TV in partnership with Udarás na Gaeltachta, has been successfully preparing new media talent since 2006. The course will commence again this September 2021 with an exciting and innovative brand new blend of practical workshops and online classes. The eight-month course is uniquely tailored to the needs of students and is particularly suited to those who wish to develop their skills while also working. It is designed to provide students with the essential practical skills to enter the television, film, and audio-visual industries as professionals. Hence, our graduates usually find work immediately upon completing their studies.
The course will offer each of the participants the opportunity to work in a live production environment and at the end of the course, each student will have directed or edited his or her own television program. These programs will satisfy the broadcast criteria of both TG4 and RTE. As there is a demand for bi-lingual producers, directors, and editors, the course will be taught in both Irish and English, therefore enhancing the linguistic abilities of students.
Applicants must hold a Level 7 qualification or higher and must have a level of competency in spoken Irish. Applicants without the above minimum requirements but with relevant industrial experience and language competency will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
WIT’s award-winning Careers Development Centre is the main point of contact for:
- Students and graduates, helping you explore your options, develop your employability skills and make successful job applications
- Academic Staff, supporting you to equip your students with the skills they need to enhance their employability and succeed in their future careers
- Employers interested in securing the recruitment of well educated, career orientated, informed graduates
The Careers Development Centre supports the Institute in providing opportunities for students and graduates to develop the skills and attributes required to manage their careers throughout their working lives.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Applications must hold a NQAIanLevel 7 qualification or higher.
- Students must have a level of competency in spoken Irish.
- Applications will be made directly to WIT and selected applicants will be called for interviews.
Applicants without the above minimum requirements but with relevant industrial experience and Irish language competency will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Otherwise suitably qualified applicants may be required to take a program to improve competency in Irish.
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Code: WD551
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 7650 EUR
Application Fee: 50 EUR