Graduate Certificate in Clinical Pathology
This program is offered in on campus and online formats. Modern medicine has expanded the hopes for early diagnosis and successful treatment of diseases once considered deadly. Major advances in laboratory technology have resulted in earlier diagnosis and improved treatment. The fast and changing field of diagnostic technologies requires ongoing training of medical laboratory professionals as well as other health care professionals and biomedical scientists to keep abreast of the continued development of principles, theories and practices of diagnostic medicine. This understanding, however, requires knowledge of Clinical Pathology.
UMass Lowell is located in historic mill city of Lowell, Mass., 45-minutes north of Boston, at the intersections of Routes 495, 93 and 3. The birthplace of Jack Kerouac and the Industrial Revolution, Lowell's history echoes all around you. Former mill buildings and cobblestone streets now add charm to a bustling downtown, steps away from the UMass Lowell campus, which boasts a thriving arts scene, a population rich in cultural diversity, and a flair for festivals.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Qualified individuals completing this certificate will be better prepared to enter the Master's Degree Program in Clinical Laboratory Science or related programs. Course credit taken to fulfill the requirements for the graduate certificate can be applied to the Master's Degree in Clinical Laboratory Sciences. In the past health professionals have found the certificate to be very valuable in understanding and performing their jobs in a wide variety of clinical arenas in addition to the clinical laboratory, such as iotechnology, public health, as well as other health related fields.
This certificate program is a four course graduate offering in Clinical Laboratory Sciences that is offered both in on-campus and online formats.
3 Years of PSW
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution with a minimum GPA of 3.00
- Completion of undergraduate coursework in junior-level biochemistry receiving a grade of C or better.
- Course Type: Online
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 USD
Application Fee: 60 USD
- Graduate Certificates in Public Health Studies at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Graduate Certificates in Photonics & Opto-Electronic Devices at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Graduate Certificate in Pharmaceutical Sciences at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Graduate Certificate in Molecular and Cellular Biotechnology at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Graduate Certificates in Health Informatics at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Graduate Certificates in Ergonomics & Biomechanics at University of Massachusetts Lowell