University Certificate of Special Study in Teaching and Learning (UoW awarded)
University Certificate of Special Study in Teaching and Learning course, awarded by the University of Westminster (London), is intended for practicing teachers who want to improve their professional skills. It is made up of a single Level 7, 20 credit core module: ‘ Theory and Practice of Supporting Learning’.
The course provides a solid foundation in key issues in teaching, learning and assessment and classroom management.
- To equip participants with knowledge and skills to enhance their students’ learning;
- To provide opportunities to explore notions of effective teaching, learning and assessment;
- To encourage a reflective approach within their practice to improve performance through feedback;
- To facilitate the enhancement and recognition of teaching skills;
- To provide opportunities for module participants to critically evaluate their own practice in the light of a range of educational theories and in the light of their findings through their observation of colleagues;
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
1. Have a higher education or professional qualification 2. Have an appropriate English language proficiency, equivalent to overall score 6.5 in IELTS. Prior study in English can also be considered, subject to the evidence provided. 3. Be in full- or part-time employment as a practicing teacher, a teaching assistant or a specialist supporting learning. Evidence of the above should be submitted during the admission process. All applicants will be formally interviewed to review the evidence that they meet the criteria above and to determine their professional capability and the extent to which they could benefit from the course.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 2400 USD
Application Fee: N/A