Master of Commerce
The MCom is a 120 or 180-point, advanced, specialist masters degree that builds on an undergraduate degree in the same discipline.
The 180-point MCom is a 12 or 15-month specialist masters combining coursework and a research component in the form of either a short dissertation (60 points) or a more substantial research portfolio (90 points).
If you have completed a BCom(Hons) or equivalent, you may be eligible to undertake a 120-point MCom degree by research comprising a supervised thesis.
A high performance in the BCom(Hons) or MCom (120 or 180-point) enables you to apply for a doctoral programme.
The City Campus is right in the heart of Auckland. You are within walking distance of all the main cultural, entertainment and commercial hubs.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
An MCom allows you to further your undergraduate business qualification through specialised study at an advanced postgraduate level. You will be prepared for specialist positions in the public and private sector or to pursue further advanced study.
Jobs related to this program
- Business policy adviser
- Chief financial officer
- Corporate advisor or valuer
- Data communications specialist
- Financial manager in a manufacturing, service or consultancy organisation
- Multinational funds manager
- Security assessor
- Software engineer
You can apply for a Post-study Work Visa for up to 3 years.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum program requirements
- Normally this requires a completed bachelor honors degree or postgraduate diploma from New Zealand, or an acceptable equivalent postgraduate qualification from a recognized university (or similar) overseas.
- An undergraduate degree
- GPE 5.0
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: 100 NZD
- Master of Supply Chain Management at University of Auckland
- Master of Business Analytics at University of Auckland
- Master of Taxation Studies at University of Auckland
- Master of Property at University of Auckland
- Master of Marketing at University of Auckland
- Master of International Business at University of Auckland