Master of Business (By Research)
Develop your knowledge and skills in planning and executing a substantial piece of original research with the Master of Business (Research).
Hone your research skills in an area of interest to you and to the University, industry and the community with the assistance of an experienced research supervisory team.
This degree requires you to apply an advanced body of knowledge in a range of contexts for research and scholarship and potentially as a pathway to a PhD or Professional Doctorate.
It involves supervised study and research, through completion of a major research thesis in an approved thesis format for examination, as well as research training and independent study.
City Flinders Campus is a modern building in the centre of Melbourne’s busy central business district (CBD) You could be studying courses as diverse as osteopathy and business at this campus. It is opposite Melbourne’s grand Flinders Street Station, the Yarra River and the Southbank precinct. The campus is a perfect location for transport, shopping, food and cafes, or to hold a special event at our our Convention Centre.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Upon graduation you'll be able to progress to a PhD or Professional Doctorate or be employed as a research assistant or research technician.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Bachelor's degree Completed with an overall average of all subjects (in the final year) 70% or
- an honours degree, or
- a masters degree by coursework with a research component, or
- an equivalent qualification from an approved university.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT
You will need to provide evidence that you have achieved one of the following levels of English language proficiency :
- IELTS (academic module): Overall score of 6.5 (no band less than 6.0)
- TOEFL Internet: Test score of 79. Section score no less than:
> Listening: 19
> Speaking: 19
> Reading: 18
> Writing: 22
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): Overall score of 58-64 (with no section score less than 50)
- University of Cambridge - Advanced (CAE): Overall score of 176. No individual band less than 169.
- VU English - English for Academic Purposes (EAP) (Level 6): Achieved.
IELTS, TOEFL, PTE and CAE: These tests must be taken no more than two years prior to commencing your course.
In some cases, we will accept test results from other methods of examination not listed in this table.
- Course Code: 069742C
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Master of Enterprise Resource Planning at Victoria University
- Master of Sport Business at Victoria University
- Master of Tourism Hospitality and Events Management at Victoria University
- Master of Tourism and Destination Management at Victoria University
- Master of Supply Chain Management at Victoria University
- Master of Project Management at Victoria University