Bachelor of Science (Honours) Applied Computing (Media Development)
What is the BSc (Hons) in Applied Computing (Media Development)?
The BSc (Hons) in Applied Computing (Media Development) is a full-time, four year, honours degree course of study that can be chosen within the BSc (Hons) in Applied Computing Common Entry Route.
This strand recognises that form is functionality. Humans interact with computer systems and media through a variety of means; web, mobile apps, desktop, etc. Information is often presented through non-textual forms such as video and audio. This strand is concerned with presenting information in an efficient and pleasing manner for humans to consume. An increasing number of IT professionals must be competent in areas of design and media. This means having a working knowledge of audio/visual creation, editing and manipulation tools; a strong sense of User Experience and literacy with current design trends. Finally, the professional must be able to apply the digital media knowledge back to general computing. This suite of modules is geared towards students who wish to specialize in user-centric development.
Students take part in a (paid) work placement in semester 6. This placement takes place in a software house or the IT department of a large company or industry. Companies such as IBM and Microsoft have a long association with the placement of our students. Students have found this an invaluable experience.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
WIT’s award-winning Careers Development Centre is the main point of contact for:
- Students and graduates, helping you explore your options, develop your employability skills and make successful job applications
- Academic Staff, supporting you to equip your students with the skills they need to enhance their employability and succeed in their future careers
- Employers interested in securing the recruitment of well educated, career orientated, informed graduates
The Careers Development Centre supports the Institute in providing opportunities for students and graduates to develop the skills and attributes required to manage their careers throughout their working lives.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- You should be at least 17 years of age in January of the year of entry.
- You must have a Secondary/High School Diploma, with good grades in English and Mathematics and at least 4 other subjects, on average + 60%.
- Some courses have special entry requirements, which you should check under the course details.
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Code: WD001 MED
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 7650 EUR
Application Fee: 50 EUR
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Creative Computing at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science Multimedia Applications Development at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Software Systems Development at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science Software Systems Development at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Computer Forensics and Security at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Applied Computing (Games Development) at Waterford Institute of Technology