Mechanical Engineering MEng
The Master of Engineering (MEng) option lets you specialise your degree with a range of options and provides you with the educational requirements needed to become a Chartered Engineer. You will be trained to lead multidisciplinary teams in the development of complex systems, including in sustainable power generation, power-trains for automotive vehicles, and jet engines for aircraft propulsion.
At Sussex, we undertake world-class research, which enriches your teaching. Our Dynamics, Control and Vehicle Research Group and the Thermo-Fluid Mechanics Research Centre, develop innovative concepts in vehicle technology and efficient aero-engines, among other things.
You’ll study in our Future Technologies Labs that incorporate computer suites and new automation/robotics facilities. There is a dedicated manufacturing lab with state-of-the-art facilities such as CNC machines and 3-D printers. You'll be able to specialise in subjects such as CAD, computational fluid dynamics through optional modules and work on areas such as control, vibration, tribology, or aerodynamics through project work including Formula Student and Wind-driven car projects.
Application Processing Time in Days: 25
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- International Baccalaureate
(Typical offer - 34 points overall from the full IB Diploma)
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Mechanical Engineering (with an industrial placement year) MEng at University of Sussex
- Mechanical Engineering with Robotics BEng (Hons) at University of Sussex
- Mechanical Engineering with Robotics MEng at University of Sussex
- Mechanical Engineering with Robotics (with an industrial placement year) BEng (Hons) at University of Sussex
- Product Design (with an industrial placement year) BSc (Hons) at University of Sussex
- Product Design BSc (Hons) at University of Sussex