Master of Education Practice
If you are a practicing teacher who would like to advance your knowledge, skills, and qualification and apply them directly to your own work context, this program offers flexible pathways for you to achieve your goals.
You can choose to study courses with a practice project or by courses only. You will be equipped with world-leading research, knowledge, and tools to help enhance your own teaching practice so that you can better achieve positive and equitable outcomes for diverse communities and learners.
This practitioner-focused program is designed to be taken part-time, outside of school hours, using a blend of face-to-face and online delivery.
A practice project is a 45-point independent study focused on your own teaching and learning context, with a view to improving student learning. It is not a thesis or dissertation.
120-point taught masters. An advanced fast-track degree for practicing teachers with at least one or two years’ experience (depending on prior qualifications). Completion by education practice project or by taught courses around Education Practice.
180-point taught masters. An advanced degree around aspects of Education Practice. Completion by education practice project or by taught courses focusing on topics such as Contemporary Pedagogies, Literacy Education, Curriculum Theory and Social Psychology of the Classroom.
The Epsom Campus is the main campus for the Faculty of Education and Social Work and is home to approximately 3500 students.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
This masters qualification builds on the knowledge teachers already have through their initial teacher education programmes and teaching experience so that they can achieve greater outcomes through their teaching. It has the potential to enhance qualified teachers’ opportunities for promotion and wider career prospects, through better understanding of issues and ideas in Education and demonstrated effectiveness in teacher practice.
Jobs related to this program
- Communities of Learning (CoLs) leader
- Education sector leader
- Human resources practitioner
- Organizational development manager
- School/centre specialist or manager
- Trainer in organisations
You can apply for a Post-study Work Visa for up to 3 years.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum program requirements
- Normally this requires a completed bachelor honors degree or postgraduate diploma from New Zealand, or an acceptable equivalent postgraduate qualification from a recognized university (or similar) overseas.
- An undergraduate degree in education, teaching or physical education; or one year of postgraduate study in education or teaching
- GPE 5.0
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: 100 NZD
- Master of Social Work (Professional) at University of Auckland
- Master of Social Work at University of Auckland
- Master of Social and Community Leadership at University of Auckland
- Master of Educational Leadership at University of Auckland
- Master of Education at University of Auckland
- Master of Counselling at University of Auckland