Bachelor of Behavioural Science (Psychology)/Bachelor of Social Work
Graduates of this degree have a substantial skill set that is suitable for challenging and complex practice in a variety of settings including mental health, drug, and alcohol prevention and intervention, international practice, disabilities, and in the development and delivery of community services, counseling and family-centered intervention.
- Graduate for a career in areas that include mental health, drug and alcohol prevention, and disabilities.
- Complete 1,000 hours of professional placement including opportunities to travel overseas.
- Take the first step towards a career as a registered psychologist.
Kelvin Grove campus hosts the faculties of Creative Industries, Education, and Health as well as the QUT International College and the Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation.
Application Processing Time in Days: 40
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
- Aged Services Worker
- Child Protection Officer
- Community Corrections Officer
- Community Education Officer
- Community Health Officer
- Community Worker
- Corrective Services Officer
- Social Scientist
- Social Worker
- Students who graduate with a Bachelors's degree are eligible for a 2-year work visa.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Senior/Higher Secondary School Certificate/Pre-University certificate from QUT recognized state education boards with an overall average of 75% in best five academic subjects (2 languages and 3 academic subjects), excluding physical education.
- Indian School Certificate academic stream awarded by CISCE with an overall average of 60% in the best five academic subjects (two languages and three academic subjects), excluding physical education.
- All India Senior School Certificate academic stream awarded by CBSE with an overall average of 60% in the best five academic subjects (two languages and three academic subjects), excluding physical education.
There are requirements that you will need to meet as a student in this course. You will need to identify these requirements and ensure you allow sufficient time to meet them. Some of these requirements have associated costs.
Blue card: You must undergo a criminal history check for working with children and be issued with a suitability card (blue card) before commencing clinical placement/practicum in an organization where they may work with children or young people.
The processing of your application may take several months so you must submit your blue card application to HiQ as early as possible to ensure you have your card before you begin any unit that requires contact with children. There is no charge for student blue cards. Students who already have a blue card must register it with QUT.
- Course Code: 065387E
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 05 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science/Bachelor of Mathematics at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Mathematics (Honours) at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Mathematics (Applied and Computational Mathematics) at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science (Honours) at Queensland University of Technology