Bachelor of Theology
Theology explores important issues such as the nature of God, the kind of God revealed for us in Jesus Christ, the nature of personal identity and of humanity and human origins and destiny. The Bachelor of Theology is designed to provide students with grounding in Biblical and Theological Studies and will appeal to those who wish to pursue their own spiritual growth or embark on a career in the ministry, teaching or pastoral care.
Theology has always held a central place in the life and mission of the Christian community. Its central importance to the life of the community derives from the fact that it is through theology that the Church comes to understand its own faith and explains that faith to others. In fact, we might say that theology is indispensable to a person’s development of faith as it is central to the exercise of all ministries, lay and ordained, directed toward the communication and sharing of that faith.
Here at The University of Notre Dame Australia, we believe that education in theology is indispensable to a person’s development of faith as it is central to the exercise of all ministries, lay and ordained, directed toward the communication and sharing of that faith. The study of theology explores important issues such as the nature of God, the kind of God revealed for us in Jesus Christ, the nature of personal identity and of humanity, human origins and destiny, Christian community and God’s presence with us now in the Spirit.
Please Note: Theology is the necessary qualification for those wishing to exercise various ministries within the Christian community and to contribute to the work of the Church. It is also the necessary basis for graduate theological study and research.
Our foundation Campus is located in the historic West End of the port city of Fremantle, south of Perth. Housed within beautifully restored heritage buildings, it provides a ‘town university’ of great character. The iconic Campus is close to the Fremantle Harbour, cafe?s, shops and the famous ‘Cappuccino Strip’, and all major transport hubs.
Our Sydney Campus is based across two sites – Broadway and Darlinghurst – both located in the vibrant social hub of the harbour city. The Broadway site is at the heart of Sydney’s uni precinct, a short walk from Central Station and close to Darling Harbour. Darlinghurst is situated to the east of the CBD, nestled in Sydney’s shopping and cafe district.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The following careers are open to graduates of this program:
- Academic teaching
- Public libraries
- Research institutes
- Church ministry and agencies
- Parish adult faith programs
- Education and teaching (upon completion of a graduate-entry teaching qualification)
- International diplomacy
- Trade missions
- Script writing
- Catholic and Christian schools
- Pastoral counselling
- Religious education coordination
- Youth work
Sydney / Melbourne / Brisbane:
Regular 2 years post study work visa for international students completing Bachelors and Masters degrees (minimum 92 weeks), 3 years for Masters by Research and 4 years for PhD. graduates
Other Locations (Regional centres and other regional areas):
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an additional
2 years in Australia on a post-study work visa
(Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 4 years of PSW visa)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- India Senior School Certificate (ICSE) awarded by CBSE/CISCE/NIOS
> TIER 1 - 65% overall for best 4 academic subjects.
> TIER 2 - 75% overall for best 4 academic subjects.
> TIER 3 - 80% overall for best 4 academic subjects.
- Higher Secondary Certificate (awarded by State Boards except Punjab State Board)
> TIER 1 - 75% overall for best 4 academic subjects
> TIER 2 - 80% overall for best 4 academic subjects.
> TIER 2 - 85% overall for best 4 academic subjects.
> Tier 1 refers to undergraduate programs in the following schools:
- School of Arts & Sciences
- School of Business
- School of Health Sciences
- School of Nursing
- School of Education (Sydney; Primary and Early Childhood programs, Fremantle)
> Tier 2 refers to undergraduate programs in the following schools:
- School of Education (Secondary degrees & double degrees, Fremantle)
>Tier 3 refers to undergraduate programs in the following schools:
- School of Law
- School of Physiotherapy
Applicants with Vocational Education and Training (VET) study
- Completed AQF Certificate IV or higher in a relevant discipline, from an accredited provider such as TAFE or a Registered Training Organisation (RTO).
Applicants with Work and Life Experience
Applicants who left secondary education more than two years previously and who have not undertaken VET or higher education study since then, but with relevant work and life experience. Such experience may include, but is not limited to:
- STAT scores of at least 135 in the Multiple Choice section and 140 in the Written English section are required
- Mature-age completion of two Year 12 WACE or HSC exams with a resulting ATAR of 70 or above
- Western Australian Certificate of Education (WACE) or equivalent results if these have been completed within the last 5 years.
- Course Code: 015330C
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Commerce / Bachelor of Arts at The University of Notre Dame Australia
- Bachelor of Communications & Media (Major: Journalism) at The University of Notre Dame Australia
- Bachelor of Communications & Media (Major: Film & Screen Production) at The University of Notre Dame Australia
- Bachelor of Communications & Media at The University of Notre Dame Australia
- Bachelor of Arts (Major: Writing) at The University of Notre Dame Australia
- Bachelor of Arts (Major: Theology) at The University of Notre Dame Australia