Graduate Certificate in Education
Gain an advanced knowledge of learning and teaching applicable to the education sector, community, government and industry.
This certificate is the first step in our graduate program in education. It is tailored to trainers and teachers in education, community, government and industry.
Our graduate education course gives you an overview of the latest high-level education theory. You’ll learn contemporary ideas and techniques in:
- approaches to learning
- educational leadership for social justice
- innovation in education
- vocational education and training: policy and practice.
Using this knowledge, you’ll conduct your own workplace research. This experience is valuable if you’re ready to take your teaching career into a research or management role.
Our graduate program is offered in three stages. Successful completion of this graduate certificate gains you admission to the Graduate Diploma of Education, which leads into the Master of Education.
This course does not provide registration to teach in Australia.
Footscray Park Campus is next to parklands along the Maribyrnong River, a short walk from Footscray Station. Footscray is one of Melbourne’s multicultural hubs, only 10 minutes by train from the city. The campus has restaurants and cafes, learning commons, world-class sports science facilities, a bookshop, and a pool and gym. It hosts many of our degree and postgraduate courses, including in business, sport, youth and community work, science, engineering and education.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Postgraduate study is increasingly important in advancing your education career. This course could lead to a work as one of the following:
- education professional in schools or other settings
- manager in specialist education
- workplace trainer.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Completion of an Australian Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in a similar discipline;
- Applicants with a minimum five (5) years approved work experience will be considered for admission to this course.
- Course Code: 083308D
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Graduate Diploma in Early Childhood Education at Victoria University
- Graduate Diploma in Migration Law at Victoria University
- Graduate Diploma in International Community Development at Victoria University
- Graduate Certificate in International Community Development at Victoria University
- Graduate Diploma in Education at Victoria University