Advanced Master of Business Administration
The UTS Advanced MBA is a one-year program, co-developed, co-designed and co-delivered with industry partners from a range of sectors and organisations. It focuses on the development of the future of work skills: problem solving, critical thinking, digital literacy, communication, critical analysis, collaboration, and leadership.
It has an innovative and adaptable structure that combines knowledge-developing short, focused subjects offered in blended mode with three project-based studios that enable learner-focused, experiential learning and intensive industry engagement, including coaching and mentoring. The studios feature digital labs that introduce students to the key digital tools and methodologies needed to successfully operate in a digital environment and drive digital strategies. The Advanced MBA is bookended by two leadership labs which focus on assessing and developing students' leadership skills, emotional and cultural intelligence and ability to lead a diverse workforce in intensive coaching and mentoring sessions.
The program introduces students to tools and methodologies from a range of disciplines by working with academics and industry experts from business, technological and social sciences backgrounds. This enables students to address creatively complex challenges and opportunities.
The Advanced MBA is designed for professionals wishing to upskill and advance their careers. It features:
- applied and learner-focused training in latest discipline-based and transdisciplinary tools and methodologies
- upskilling into key digital technologies and agile and user-centred delivery approaches
- applied, work-integrated problem solving in live client projects with a focus on solving complex problems and opportunities in digital contexts
- upskilling in skills and methodologies for successful implementation of concepts and solutions
- ongoing coaching and mentoring by experienced industry professionals
- self-development through immersive leadership labs
- accelerated one-year completion, utilising a blend of online, face-to-face, weekends and block mode learning; all subjects are taught in intensive mode over full Fridays and Saturdays, which means students can keep working while they study, applying what they learn right away on their jobs; weekly sessions are only scheduled for in-class assessments and group coaching and mentoring sessions
- delivery by leading academics from UTS Business School who are joined by experts from other UTS faculties; students also engage with an extensive network of adjuncts and industry partners who facilitate sessions and coach and mentor students
- a cohort model fostering the development of lasting relationships with like-minded peers.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The course is suitable for students from business and non-business backgrounds who seek to upskill and develop the skills needed to be prepared for the changing nature of work. Career options include a range of management roles with a focus on driving transformational change in large private, public and non-profit organisations as well as in SMEs.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies.
Minimum Academic Requirement: At least grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 out of 4, with less than 10 per cent fail grades.
All applicants who do not meet the minimum academic requirement may still be considered on the basis of:
• a Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) overall minimum score of 550
Professional Experience Requirement: At least four years' full time, or equivalent, relevant work experience.
The relevant work experience must be demonstrated through a C.V. and a Statement of Service, confirming the dates of employment and the position held within the organisation.
Interview Requirement: Attend an interview with the director of the Advanced MBA.
Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)
GMAT is a standardised, computer-based assessment used by the world's leading business schools. The test score helps business schools compare applications from around the world in an objective way. Applicants applying with a GMAT should achieve an overall minimum score of 550, with verbal 25, quantitative 35 and AWA 4.0.
Minimum English Language Requirements
- IELTS: 7.0 overall with a writing score of 6.5;
- TOEFL: paper based: 584-609 overall, internet based: 94-101 overall with a writing score of 24;
- AE6: Pass;
- PTE: 65-72 overall with a writing score 58;
- CAE:185-190 with a writing score 176
- Course Code: 098170E
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Master of Sustainable Futures (Research) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Project Management at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Marketing at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Business Analytics (Extension) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Quantitative Finance at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Analytics (Research) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)