Bachelor of Marketing (Psychology)
Study the Bachelor of Marketing (Psychology) to become an expert at uncovering the underlying reasons behind consumer behavior. Combine principles from complementary disciplines to unlock creative marketing solutions, and graduate with a unique skill set that’s in demand across all industries.
Curious about what makes the mind tick?
Build skills in marketing, psychology, analytics, digital literacy, and business, and bring them all together to develop a deep understanding of human decision-making.
Get inside the mind of customers by learning about the psychological science behind consumer behavior. You’ll be trained in innovative data practices that allow you to shine a light on the different facets of customers – from culture and lifestyle to personality traits and decision-making behavior. Then, get practical experience translating these insights into influential marketing and communication strategies.
Importantly, you’ll be challenged to apply these skills in business contexts. Leverage the strong industry partnerships of Deakin’s Business School and School of Psychology to take part in work-integrated learning programs that give you the opportunity to:
- get hands-on with emerging technologies and analytics tools
- work on psychology-led marketing strategies in industry settings
- complete research reports, presentations and projects that simulate real-world scenarios
- create professional profiles and action plans to boost your employability.
These practical experiences are available to every student and are crucial in preparing well-connected, confident, and job-ready graduates.
The Melbourne Burwood Campus is Deakin’s largest. A short trip from Melbourne’s central business district, Burwood offers the perfect balance between city lifestyle and suburban comfort. On campus you will find impressive buildings and world-class facilities, a wide range of learning and social spaces, and a relaxed atmosphere. If you enjoy getting outdoors between classes, the Melbourne Burwood Campus also sits alongside parkland, which is great for walking, jogging and cycling.
Application Processing Time in Days: 5
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Professionals with dual expertise in psychology and marketing are highly valued by any business with something to sell. Better still, advertising and marketing jobs in Australia are set to grow 12.5% by 2023 (Australian Government Department of Employment Projections).
This demand puts you in a strong position to choose from a diverse range of roles and areas including:
- communications manager
- consumer advocacy
- customer experience officer
- customer insights analyst
- digital marketing director
- market research
- media planner
- public relations specialist.
- Melbourne Campus - 2 years of Post Study Work Permit
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Entry for applicants with recent secondary education (previous three years) will be based on their performance in the Senior Certificate of Education with an ATAR of at least 70, and pre-requisite units 3 and 4; a study score of at least 30 in English EAL (English as an additional language) or 25 in English other than EAL.
Entry for applicants with previous Tertiary, VET, life, or work experience will be based on their performance in:
- a Certificate IV in a related discipline OR
- a Diploma in any discipline or 50% completion of a Diploma in a related discipline OR
- successful completion of relevant study, equivalent to at least two Deakin University units, at an accredited higher education institution OR
- other evidence of academic capability judged to be equivalent including a Foundation Program approved by Faculty Board or relevant work or life experience
Mandatory student checks
Units that contain work-integrated learning, a community placement, or interaction with the community may require a police check, working with children check, or another check. These requirements will be detailed in unit guides upon enrolment.
When you apply to Deakin, it’s important to attach all requested supporting documentation, otherwise, your application could be delayed or disallowed.
Remember, most documents need to be certified before you upload them, so give yourself plenty of time to get organized.
Examples of certified copies you’ll need to include:
- award certificates
- academic transcripts
- formal identity papers (e.g. your passport).
Documents in languages other than English will need to be translated. If you’re applying for a scholarship, please also check the specific supporting documents for that application.
- Course Code: 0100820
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of International Studies/Bachelor of Commerce at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Arts at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Science at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Property and Real Estate/Bachelor of Commerce at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Business Analytics at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Laws at Deakin University