Master of Public Health (Global Nutrition and Active Living)
Equip yourself to tackle complex global health issues with a Master of Public Health (Global Nutrition and Active Living) at Victoria University.
Globalisation, climate change and demographic transition have led to shifts in health needs all over the world. This course has been developed to prepare health professionals to be ready and able to respond to these changes.
Uniquely, this course focuses on both global nutrition and active living in diverse communities, from both an Australian and international perspective.
You’ll develop the specialist knowledge and skills that the global marketplace demands, for a challenging but rewarding career in public health, emergencies and development.
You can choose to specialise in one of the two streams offered:
- global public health nutrition
- public health and active living.
There is also a unit on ‘nutrition in emergencies’ offered independently, which is aligned with internationally recognised content.
St Albans Campus
Our St Albans Campus is a hub for health and nutrition research. It also specialises in arts and science programs. Our nursing and biomedical science students complete a large part of their studies at the new teaching and research centre at Sunshine Hospital alongside medical professionals. The campus has a modern community feel and is set in gardens of native grasses and gum trees. It’s a relaxed, friendly place to study, with a children’s centre, a gym, and award-winning architecture.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
With significant global changes in public health, there is a need for professionals with the high-level knowledge and skills to respond to these changes.
Graduates of this course will be well-equipped for a diverse and rewarding career in areas such as:
- global health, nutrition, physical activity research and teaching
- community development work in health, nutrition and food security
- delivering health, food and nutrition programs in response to emergencies
- health policy development
- program planning, development and evaluation
- specific population focused health interventions (e.g. older adults, culturally and linguistically diverse communities, chronically diseased populations)
- inclusive physical activity programming
- physical activity and sedentary behaviour measurement.
You may find work opportunities both in Australia and internationally within:
- national, state and local governments
- the United Nations and other international health organisations (WHO, UNICEF, ACSM, International Coalition for Aging and Physical Activity)
- non-profit organisations
- academic institutions and research institutions.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Completion of an Australian Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in any discipline.
- Completion of an Australian Graduate Diploma (or equivalent) in a similar discipline.
- Course Code: 089543M
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Master of Sport Business and Integrity at Victoria University
- Master of Science (Research) at Victoria University
- Master of Nursing (By Research) at Victoria University
- Master of Health Science (Osteopathy) at Victoria University
- Master of Counselling at Victoria University
- Master of Clinical Exercise Science and Rehabilitation at Victoria University