Master of Architecture (MArch)
Develop the advanced design, technical and professional skills relevant to the practice of architecture and advancing originality and creativity in the field.
The Master of Architecture is the second stage required to obtain a professional qualification in architecture, and builds on your core skills developed as an undergraduate.
Through your masters study at UQ you'll gain a greater understanding of why architecture is such a dynamic and demanding profession, making a positive contribution to the shaping of our built environment and our culture.
You'll also hone the essential skills of an architect, and your abilities to design buildings and spaces with an inherent concern for human living and society.
You can choose from a range of courses that will develop your ideas about contemporary architectural practice. You'll challenge your thinking through topics such as housing and density, civic buildings and public space, and commercial architecture.
Throughout the program you'll learn from professional architects and leading researchers who have strong local industry links and work to advance the discipline of architecture internationally.
- Study at UQ's School of Architecture, a national leader in architectural education and research that's renowned for pushing the envelope of innovation.
- Engage in a well established program fully accredited by all Australian state and territory architect registration boards who are recognised around the world.
- Prepare for a dynamic profession where you'll provide design solutions for the many questions facing our growing cities and changing environments.
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Postgraduate study can take you anywhere. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Industrial sector architect
- Architectural designer
- Project delivery architect
- Practice manager
- Architectural technician
- Associate architect
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Postgraduate.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Bachelor of Architectural Design from UQ or degree equivalent to a standard Australian bachelor degree in Architecture with a GPA of at least 4.5 on a 7 point scale
OR Bachelor of Architectural Design from UQ or degree equivalent to a standard Australian bachelor degree in Architecture with a GPA of at least 4.0 on a 7 point scale and 6 months full time postgraduate work experience.
Applicants holding qualifications other than BArchDes from UQ must have a minimum GPA of 5 in each of the two most recent design courses in architectural studies at either Bachelor or Master level.
- Course Code: 060311K
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Master of Engineering in Materials and Manufacturing Engineering at The University of Queensland
- Master of Molecular Imaging Technology (MMIT) at The University of Queensland
- Master of Interaction Design (MIDes) at The University of Queensland
- Master of Information Technology (MInfTech) at The University of Queensland
- Master of Engineering Science (Management) (MEngSc(Man)) at The University of Queensland
- Master of Engineering Science (MEngSc) at The University of Queensland