Master of Laws – International Arbitration & Dispute Resolution Specialisation
The National University of Singapore (NUS) Master of Laws (LLM) – International Arbitration & Dispute Resolution Specialisation is offered by the NUS Faculty of Law.
Launched in August 2016, the LLM in International Arbitration & Dispute Resolution seeks to nurture lawyers and scholars to conduct rigorous and independent inquiries into relevant dispute resolution issues, to promote transnational approaches to arbitration, to articulate critical and impactful insights, and to propose solutions beneficial to the local and global communities.
This specialisation enables students to get an in-depth understanding of the laws of international arbitration and dispute resolution. It has the advantage of being located in Singapore, which is the one of the preferred locations for arbitration in the world, and where many top arbitrators and academics often converge.
Students will also have access to some of the top arbitrators and academics in the field.
The modules offered in this specialisation comprise a mix of public international law and international private law.
The increasing opportunity for offshore legal work both in the region and in the world also make the modules offered in this programme particularly relevant to the field.
Students who have been admitted into the NUS LLM in International Arbitration & Dispute Resolution may submit an online application for the NUS LLM in International Arbitration and Dispute Resolution & University of Geneva LLM in International Dispute Settlement (MIDS) double degree programme.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
International students are allowed to work not more than 16 hours per week.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- No requirement
- May submit a request with supporting documents for consideration (on a case-by-case basis) to be granted a waiver
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) minimum score of 100 (Internet-based), or
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) minimum Academic score of 7.5.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 10400 SGD
Application Fee: 100 SGD
- Double Degree Programmes in LLM-MPP at National University of Singapore
- Double Degree Programmes in LLM-MPA at National University of Singapore
- Master of Laws – International Business Law Specialisation at National University of Singapore
- Master of Laws – Maritime Law Specialisation at National University of Singapore
- Master of Laws – International & Comparative Law at National University of Singapore
- Master of Laws – Intellectual Property & Technology Law at National University of Singapore