Fine Art with Contemporary Cultural Theory BA
This degree combines studio practice with contemporary philosophy and cultural theory, preparing you to be a critically aware artist graduate. It builds from the idea that art-making is enriched by conversations with thinkers, filmmakers, writers, philosophers and scientists.
Supported by artist-lecturers and visiting practitioners, you’ll work across different media to develop your practice. You’ll explore the relationship between art and society, examine theories of the image, the gaze and culture, and examine questions of gender, sexuality and cultural difference. You'll take part in curated exhibitions to develop both your practice and your ability to connect your practice with contemporary culture.
Placing art in its cultural context, you’ll have the opportunity to study related fields such as music, literature, cultural history, philosophy and film.
You’ll work with artists and theorists across the School on current issues like ecology, cities, place, power and conflict.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Music, Multimedia and Electronics BSc at University of Leeds
- History and Philosophy of Science and Physics BSc at University of Leeds
- Geography and Geology BSc at University of Leeds
- Geography with Environmental Mathematics BSc at University of Leeds
- Sociology and International Relations BA at University of Leeds
- Social Policy and Sociology BA at University of Leeds