Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) and Bachelor of Information Technology
In an age of increasing technological advancements the synergy between engineering and information technology will only become stronger. IT underpins engineering practice in all disciplines and industry needs graduates with skills and expertise spanning both.
In this double degree course you will acquire creative and problem solving skills to use IT in engineering applications. This could be anything from designing a stunning visualization of engineering data, to building an app for data collection to setting up the business IT processes to deliver an engineering product via the internet.
This course requires students to complete a total of 420 hours of continuous professional development, in order to graduate. This professional development may be in the form of 12 weeks of relevant vacation employment or an equivalent combination of approved professional development and/or engineering employment, taken throughout the duration of the course. Students are required to submit a series of reflections on their experience, with particular reference to development of each of the key Engineers Australia Stage 1 competencies
Clayton campus has around 26,000 students and is the largest of all eight campuses. It is located 20km south-east of Melbourne.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Monash Arts Jobs and Careers
Monash Arts prepares our students for their professional futures and the impact they create in their organisations and communities.
There are over 81,240 Monash Arts alumni across 130 countries. Our global community includes The Hon. Daniel Andrews MP, The Hon. Dan Tehan MP, Adam Bandt MP, Bill Shorten MP, Sarah Abo, Yalda Hakim, Vance Joy, Professor Sharman Stone, Professor Emeritus Ariel Heryanto, H.E. Mr Arthur Spyrou, H.E. Mr Saleumxay Kommasith and thousands of influential graduates impacting communities, nations and the world for good.
We work as ...
Monash Arts graduates work as: Authors, Ambassadors, Analysts, Artists, Consultants, Creative Directors, Communication Specialists, Criminologists, Digital Consultants, Diplomats, Educators, Entrepreneurs, Executives, IT Specialists, Journalists, Media Presenters, Musicians, Linguists, Lawyers, Marketers, Media and Communication Specialists, Politicians, Policymakers, and a wide range of occupations.
With the flexibility of combining our Arts degree with Business, Engineering, Education, Science, IT and over 40 majors to choose from, our career opportunities are amplified.
We work in ...
The Arts, Business, Education, Government, IT, Science Law, Education, Not-for- Profit sectors.
Our top 20 employers in Australia include:
- ANZ Ban
- Coles Group
- Deakin University
- Department of Environment, Land, Water
- Department of Health & Human Services
- Department of Education & Training
- Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade
- Department of Justice
- Department Premier & Cabinet
- Ernest & Young
- Herbert Smith
- Latrobe University
- Minter Ellison
- Monash Health
- Monash University
- National Australia Bank
- 2 year Post Study Work Visa Opportunity
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Before you apply to come to Monash on exchange or study abroad, you should check that you meet the following entry requirements. You must:
- have completed at least one full year at your home university
- have achieved a minimum GPA of 3.0 or 60 percent or equivalent
- meet our English language requirements.
- Equivalent Australian Year 12
Recent secondary education
- All applicants must satisfy the following prerequisites or their equivalents.
Australian VCE subjects
- Units 3 & 4: a study score of at least 30 in English (EAL) or 25 in English other than EAL
- Units 3 & 4: a study score of at least 25 in Mathematical Methods (Any) or Specialist mathematics
- Units 3 & 4: a study score of at least 25 in Chemistry or Physics
- At least 4 in English SL or 3 in English HL or 5 in English B SL or 4 in English B HL
- At least 4 in Mathematics SL or 3 in Mathematics HL or 3 in Further Mathematics HL
- At least 4 in Chemistry SL or 3 in Chemistry HL or 4 in Physics SL or 3 in Physics HL
- Course Code: 092251G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 05 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Biomedical Engineering (Honours) at Monash University
- Bachelor of Aerospace engineering (Honours) at Monash University
- Bachelor of Spatial Design at Monash University
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) and Bachelor of Biomedical Science at Monash University
- Bachelor of Information Technology and Bachelor of Science at Monash University
- Bachelor of Information Technology and Bachelor of Arts at Monash University