Master of Philosophy (Building)
PhD and Research Masters
Find the right research degree
The following research degrees are offered by the School of Architecture and the Built Environment.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programs
- PhD (Architecture)
- PhD (Building)
- PhD (Disaster Management)
- PhD (Industrial Design)
Master of Philosophy programs
- M Philosophy (Architecture)
- M Philosophy (Building)
- M Philosophy (Disaster Management)
- M Philosophy (Industrial Design)
Our research strengths
Research capabilities within the School:
- Architecture and design - theory and history
- Architecture and design - computing and cognition
- Sustainable and resilient environments
- Building business governance
- Integrated project management
Application Processing Time in Days: 21
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- 3 Years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
SECTION 17 - ADMISSION - REQUIREMENTS
(1)To be considered for admission to the University, Higher Degree by Research applicants will be required to:
have met the relevant English language proficiency requirements as described in the English Proficiency Policy.
have satisfied the minimum academic requirements described in the relevant Award and Program Schedules;
have met any other additional admission requirements that may be prescribed by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research and Innovation);
be a minimum of 16 years of age at 1 March of the year of admission. Applicants under the age of 16 years may apply directly to the Vice-Chancellor for consideration.
(2) The Assistant Dean (Research Training) is authorised to prescribe additional admission requirements when considering an admission to candidature. This may include a requirement for the applicant to undertake an examination(s) or carry out such work as prescribed.
(3) The Assistant Dean (Research Training) is authorised to refuse admission to candidature when appropriate supervision and resources are not available. Whether appropriate supervision and resources are available will be determined by the Assistant Dean (Research Training) on recommendation from the School.
For More Information Please Connect To Our PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 012981C
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Master of Philosophy (Surveying) at University of Newcastle
- Master of Philosophy (Software Engineering) at University of Newcastle
- Master of Philosophy (Mechanical Engineering) at University of Newcastle
- Master of Philosophy (Information Technology) at University of Newcastle
- Master of Philosophy (Information Systems) at University of Newcastle
- Master of Philosophy (Environmental Engineering) at University of Newcastle